join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to pulp46

Re: [Wireless] LTE in Carp - arguement with Rogers

That is definitely an old map ... it totally missed the Wind Tower on 2nd line which has been there for about 2 1/2 years ... and this summer raised from about 50' to 150'

That's one odd location for a tower to serve carp by Rogers. You'd think they'd put it up on the ridge and not down the hillside below the Diefenbunker down by a certain hardware centre and seniors residence. Maybe that's it ... give the bunker good cell service ... aim it into the hillside! and give service to the seniors who are getting into cell stuff now!

pulp46
Premium
join:2003-01-28

I agree sbrook, why not have it on TOP of the Dief. renting space on the existing tower there? I can see it every night from my second story window, 1/4 mile away. Imagine the speed!!!

pulp46
Premium

4 edits
reply to sbrook

That is a WIND tower, sbrook. It says MIKE but click on the tower and it changes to Wind Mobile 2100MHz. I'm posting via my iP5 on LTE in Kanata so I can't embed a pic via UL from PC. Trying a link via SkyPath App which is ImageShack, hope it works!

»imageshack.us/photo/my-images/44···5818.png

*** God DAMN this LTE is SWEEEET to work with! A6 processor and LTE make for a snappy happy pulppy!!!

****EDIT***

Found another locator:

pulp46
Premium

3 edits
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

That's one odd location for a tower to serve carp by Rogers.

What is the tower on the Dief. serving, sbrook? Anyone have an updated cell tower locator?

***EDIT*** »www.loxcel.com/celltower doesn't show what's on Diefenbunker either.

***EDIT2*** Diefenbunker Towers »members.storm.ca/~nshepherd/VE3CWM/

Here's my Rogers tower you're talking about... it looks like Sanford and Son is taking care of it! No upgrades goin' on here!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5DnqW3F57E