uniqs
share rss forum feed

JTR

join:2012-05-19
Carbondale, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to CXM_Splicer

Re: Unrequested advertising uses up subscribers data allowance!

said by CXM_Splicer:

Actually, I don't think any such 'agreement' exists. You are perfectly within your rights to HTTP Get specific parts of a publicly available page and not get others. The complaint is not about ads taking up space... it is about taking up bandwidth that is no longer unlimited.

Don't complain about the tiny bit of bandwidth taken up by ads, it's how the site stays alive. If you want, feel free to adblock them because you hate seeing ads, but don't justify it with false arguments about bandwidth.

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04
kudos:1

said by JTR:

said by CXM_Splicer:

Actually, I don't think any such 'agreement' exists. You are perfectly within your rights to HTTP Get specific parts of a publicly available page and not get others. The complaint is not about ads taking up space... it is about taking up bandwidth that is no longer unlimited.

Don't complain about the tiny bit of bandwidth taken up by ads, it's how the site stays alive. If you want, feel free to adblock them because you hate seeing ads, but don't justify it with false arguments about bandwidth.

The Internet was awesome back in 1990 - and gueeswhat???? Not a fucking ad in sight.

We're on to the shills now, fucking sellouts....

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
reply to JTR

My argument about bandwidth is legitimate... if you want to limit false arguments used for justification, I suggest you revisit your 'agreement' post

Any discussion of the sites making revenue from the ads is immaterial to either bandwidth or 'implied requirements' of viewing them.

The Limit
Premium
join:2007-09-25
Greensboro, NC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Windstream

It's more about the principle of the matter.

Not really surprised about AT&T crying about this, after all they are "spooks" for the government. As for Verizon? I didn't expect this of them.
--
"We will evaluate these integrals rigorously if we can, and non-rigorously if we must".
---Victor Moll, invited talk, Tom Osler Fest (April 17, 2010)

The Antihero

join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA
reply to JTR

said by JTR:

Don't complain about the tiny bit of bandwidth taken up by ads

I'm sure you wouldn't complain about someone taking a "tiny bit" of money out of your wallet from time to time, right?