Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

[Raiding] Alliance DSLR cross-realm World Bosses

Okay, so we can't all be on one server in one guild on one faction. However, I was thinking about the world bosses and realized that there is no reason why we can't link up to take down cross realm world bosses, right? We could 40man it with 8 people from 5 different guilds and stomp out the Sha of Anger and Salyis's Warband without breaking a sweat. (I could only host 30 people on our vent... but I could bump it up for a special event like this). It would be a nice boost to sever progression for those on less-than-bleeding edge servers. Need before greed looting... quick guild achieves... fun to be had by all.

I'm sure this could also be done for Horde side, too.

What say you?
BattleTag: Immer#1214

Edit: Tonight? Tomorrow night? Our guild will be grinding out Heroic dungeons tonight and tomorrow, so we should be online. Just sayin'... got at least 8 on our end.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1

1 recommendation

There's no loot to distribute, the world bosses act the same as LFR.

Enjoy.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Immer
I'm so game for this. And we could probably do it with 3 groups of 8, obviously the more the merrier, but I don't think 40 level capped toons would be a necessity. I really think 25 or so with ~85-90% at level 90 could get the job done.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Immer
said by Icy-Veins.com :

4. Overview of the Fighttop

Sha of Anger The encounter against the Sha of Anger consists of two phases that alternate throughout the fight, which we will refer to as Phase One: Growing Anger and Phase Two: Unleashed Wrath. The phases are determined by the state of the boss' rage bar, which increases and decreases in a steady and predictable manner. During each phase, the boss uses an ability specific to that phase, as well as two abilities common to both phases.
5. Common Abilitiestop

Regardless of the state of his rage bar (and, therefore, the phase) of fight), the boss will make use of two abilities.

Sha of Anger - Fighting Seethe Icon Seethe punishes the raid if no player is within melee range of the boss. If this happens, the boss will deal a large amount of Shadow damage to his main aggro target, at the same time increasing the amount of Shadow damage that that target takes.
Endless Rage Icon Endless Rage is an ability that the Sha of Anger uses roughly every 30 seconds. The ability targets the locations of several players, and, a few seconds later deals 100,000 Shadow damage to players within 3 yards of the location. Moreover, the ability summons two things at the location where it lands:
Ire, a small add that does nothing but melee its highest aggro target.
Bitter Thoughts Icon Bitter Thoughts, a harmful cloud which prevents players who are inside it from casting any spells or performing any actions except for moving.

Dealing with Seethe is very easy, and it simply involves making sure that the tank is within melee range of the boss at all times.

Dealing with Endless Rage is equally easy, if a bit more complex.

Players should move away from the locations where Endless Rage will land (they are pre-signalled by a graphical effect).
Players should move out of any Bitter Thoughts they may find themselves in.
The off-tank(s) should tank the Ires, while your raid AoEs them. As we will see below, it is also feasible to kite the Ires.

6. Phase One: Growing Angertop

The boss' rage bar starts out empty, and increases to full capacity over a period of 50 seconds. During this time, the boss is in Phase One. Once the rage bar is full, the phase ends.
6.1. Abilities

During Phase One, the boss uses a single ability (in addition to the common abilities listed above).

Growing Anger Icon Growing Anger is a debuff that the boss places on 3 random raid members (the main tank is not excluded from this). The debuff lasts for 6 seconds, and at the end of the debuff, the affected players and any other players within 5 yards of them become mind controlled (Aggressive Behavior Icon Aggressive Behavior) by the boss for 30 seconds, or until they reach 50% health. While mind controlled, players have their health and damage increased by 200%.
6.2. Strategy

The strategy for Phase One revolves around handling the mind control most efficiently. The first step is to ensure that the mind control does not affect more than the 3 debuffed players. This means that as soon as Growing Anger is cast, the affected raid members should move out of the raid.

Afterwards, you have two options.

You can damage the affected players until they reach 50% health, which breaks the mind-control.
You can crowd-control them and wait for the mind control to expire after 30 seconds.

A useful tip for dealing with Growing Anger is to have all raid members use their most powerful crowd-control spells right before Growing Anger is cast, so that it cannot be used while mind-controlled. Spells such as AoE fears are particularly harmful.

This phase does not present the healers with an overwhelming amount of raid damage, but it does create a lot of confusion, especially considering that the fighting area will be filled with Bitter Thoughts clouds and, possibly, adds.
7. Phase Two: Unleashed Wrathtop

When the Sha of Anger's rage bar reaches maximum capacity (100), the boss will enter Phase Two, during which time his rage bar is drained over 25 seconds.. The phase ends when the bar reaches 0 rage.
7.1. Abilities

During Phase Two, the boss uses a single ability (in addition to the common abilities listed above).

Unleashed Wrath Icon Unleashed Wrath is a raid-wide damaging spell. The boss will deal a large amount of Shadow damage to 10 random raid members every 2 seconds, for the 25-second duration of the phase.
7.2. Strategy

The strategy for Phase Two is all about surviving the rather intense and sustained raid damage. Your raid cannot stack together, due to the AoE damage dealt by Endless Rage Icon Endless Rage, and because of the Bitter Thoughts clouds.

This will be the most intense period of the fight, and your healers should use their raid cooldowns at this time.
8. When to Use Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warptop

It is best to use Heroism Icon Heroism/Bloodlust Icon Bloodlust/Time Warp Icon Time Warp when no mind control (Growing Anger Icon Growing Anger and Aggressive Behavior Icon Aggressive Behavior) is near. Therefore, we recommend using it right after Phase Two begins.
9. Raid Compositiontop

Given the fact that this is a world boss, you can utilize a raid group of up to 40 members in order to defeat it. Moreover, the boss can be damaged even by players outside of the raid group (although they will not be eligible for loot).

This poses the problem of how many raid members are actually needed to defeat the Sha of Anger. We would make the following comments:

Tanks: You will need 1 tank for the Sha of Anger, and at least one tank for the adds. You can utilise two off-tanks if you desire.
Healers: Raid damage can become quite brutal, and the more healers your raid has, the better. Therefore, we would advise a minimum of 6 healers, and as many as 9, depending on your raid size and gear level.
DPS: The encounter requires a reasonably high amount of DPS for several reasons (killing the adds in time, breaking the mind control), so the more DPS players you have, the easier the fight becomes. We recommend at least 15 DPS players.

10. Corpse Running/Avoiding Wipestop

Because the fight does not take place in an instanced environment, it is possible for dead raid members to release spirit and run back to the place where they died and resurrect. This is a good way for your raid to replenish its numbers. Keep in mind the following things:

After 2 resurrections in quick succession, you will have wait 2 minutes before you can resurrect again.
When you resurrect, you come back with 50% of your maximum health. It is best that healers are prepared ahead of time to heal you.
It is best to group up (in ghost form) and resurrect at the same time, rather than each one individually. This gives you a better chance to recover.

If a large portion of your raid dies, remaining raid members should attempt to delay a wipe for as long as possible, to give the dead raid members a chance to run back.

--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

I'm so game for this. And we could probably do it with 3 groups of 8, obviously the more the merrier, but I don't think 40 level capped toons would be a necessity. I really think 25 or so with ~85-90% at level 90 could get the job done.

necessity, no... I was just casting a wide net for the DSLR folks here. Especially the ones who aren't comfortable xfering toons, but would like to do something together.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Immer
said by Icy-Veins.com :

4. Overview of the Fighttop

Salyis's Warband - Galleon The encounter against Salyiss' Warband is actually against a giant Mushan called Galleon. The animal will use several abilities against your raid. Additionally, adds will jump off Galleon's back and engage your raid, at regular intervals throughout the fight.

The encounter is a single phase fight of little complexity.
5. Abilitiestop

Galleon uses the following abilities against your raid:

Fire Shot Icon Fire Shot are arrows being fired by unattackable adds on Galleon's back, throughout the course of the fight. They deal a moderate amount of Fire damage to random raid members.
Stomp Icon Stomp is a stomp ability that deals 150,000 Physical damage to all raid members and knocks them down for 3 seconds. Galleon uses this ability every 60 seconds, and uses it for the first time about 50 seconds after the start of the fight.
Cannon Barrage Icon Cannon Barrage causes 8 cannon blasts to hit the area in front of Galleon, dealing 600,000 Fire damage to all players within 10 yards of the location, and knocking them back. Players must simply make sure not to be in front of Galleon at any time; the tank can avoid the blasts by being close to the front of the boss. Galleon uses this ability every 60 seconds, and uses it for the first time about 25 seconds after the start of the fight.
Every 60 seconds, 6 adds, called Salyin Warmongers, will jump off of Galleon's back and engage the raid. They are attackable, tankable and have functional threat tables. The adds spawn for the first time about 60 seconds after the start of the fight.
Their only ability is Impaling Pull Icon Impaling Pull, which deals 30,000 Physical damage to a random raid member, and pulls them to the add.

Galleon will always use these abilities in the order we listed above, with the exception of Fire Shot, which is spammed constantly throughout the fight.
6. Strategytop

The strategy for defeating Galleon is predictably simple. It can be broken down in the following steps:

The main tank must move close to Galleon's head when Cannon Barrage Icon Cannon Barrage is about to go off (indicated by an emote). In actuality, it is best if the tank is always very close to Galleon's hitbox.
The healers will have to heal raid members through the damage from Fire Shot Icon Fire Shot and Stomp Icon Stomp.
The off-tank will have to pick up the adds when they spawn (this is also indicated by an emote), and the DPS should focus on killing them.

The chief difficulty of the encounter comes from the 3 second stun caused by Stomp. This can cause raid members to die if they were low on health to begin with. Therefore, healers must be prepared and must use cooldowns to stabilize raid members before Stomp. Abilities such as Divine Shield Icon Divine Shield can be used by healers to continue healing after Stomp.

Stomp is also the ideal moment for defensive cooldowns, both from the tanks or from other raid members.
6.1. Dealing with Adds

The Salyin Warmongers deal relatively low damage to the tank that is tanking them. Indeed, a tank can survive tanking 12 adds for a long period of time, with the proper healing support.

It is easiest to kill the adds just as they spawn. This makes the fight less stressful for both the healers and the off-tank(s).

Players should be prepared for the fact that they may be pulled to the adds, due to their Impaling Pull Icon Impaling Pull ability. This can be especially problematic when the main tank is pulled to the adds (which can happen). This causes Galleon to turn and face the raid, which can be deadly if he begins casting Cannon Barrage Icon Cannon Barrage. The tank must be quick to resume his position, and everyone else must be ready to avoid the Cannon Barrage.
7. When to Use Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warptop

It is best to use Heroism Icon Heroism/Bloodlust Icon Bloodlust/Time Warp Icon Time Warp when Stomp Icon Stomp has recently occurred, so that you are not interrupted by the 3 second stun. Other than this, there are no constraints.
8. Raid Compositiontop

Given the fact that this is a world boss, you can utilize a raid group of up to 40 members in order to defeat it. Moreover, the boss can be damaged even by players outside of the raid group (although they will not be eligible for loot).

This poses the problem of how many raid members are actually needed to defeat Galleon. We would make the following comments:

Tanks: You will need 1 tank for Galleon and at least one tank for the adds. You can utilise two off-tanks if you desire.
Healers: Raid and tank damage is relatively low, so you do not need an excessive amount of healers. 4-6 healers should be more than enough for a raid of 40 people.
DPS: The encounter does not require a high amount of DPS (although we are currently unaware of any existing enrage timer), and it can be defeated with as few as 10 DPS players. Adding additional DPS players will significantly lower the duration of the fight, and it will make it much easier to deal with adds. The only caveat is that more players will take damage from Stomp Icon Stomp, requiring healing.

9. Corpse Running/Avoiding Wipestop

Because the fight does not take place in an instanced environment, it is possible for dead raid members to release spirit and run back to the place where they died, and resurrect. This is a good way for your raid to replenish its numbers. Keep in mind the following things:

After 2 resurrections in quick succession, you will have wait 2 minutes before you can resurrect again.
When you resurrect, you come back with 50% of your maximum health. It is best that healers are prepared ahead of time to heal you.
It is best to group up (in ghost form) and resurrect at the same time, rather than each one individually. This gives you a better chance to recover.

It is also important that raid members pay attention not to resurrect just as a Stomp Icon Stomp is about to be cast.

If a large portion of your raid dies, remaining raid members should attempt to delay a wipe for as long as possible, to give the dead raid members a chance to run back.

--

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
This sounds like fun. I'd be in for this. The only problem would probably be ganking horde.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
True. Although, it wouldn't be ganking so much as greifing. We just need some pro hunters to misdirect the Sha to hordies, lololol. (no clue if that would work).

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
So how do these world bosses work, exactly? Do you "tag" them, just like any normal mob, and then only your group gets credit, or does anyone who helps get credit as well...?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
Yes. Your raid tags it... and whales on it. Corpse runs the whole way. Ideally I'd like 25 raiders going for the kill, with 10pvpers protecting them from "griefers" and contributing dps to keep procs/buffs/debuffs up... 35 people get credit and a shot at loot LFR style.

I'd invite everyone I could from our guild/server, then start RealID invites and grant everyone assist to invite more from their respective servers. And I'd like to knock this out before Blizzard hotfixes it so that cross realming it changes the requirements for guild credit.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1
reply to Immer
I'd be down to attempt killing Sha on a non high pop server.. The same factino griefing that exists on Sargeras is ridiculous.. Oh you tagged it before mine or the other 5 raids looking for a kill, here let me reset the boss for hours for you..

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Immer
Isn't there something where xrealm Sha of Anger doesn't actually drop loot for off-server players?

Additionally, not sure you can force which server your group is on. It's random (to prevent, say, PVP players from just grouping with a PVEer for leveling)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Nick D:

1. Isn't there something where xrealm Sha of Anger doesn't actually drop loot for off-server players?

2. Additionally, not sure you can force which server your group is on. It's random (to prevent, say, PVP players from just grouping with a PVEer for leveling)

1. I haven't seen any mention of this. If anyone can confirm, I'd imagine you'd still be eligible for the loot on your own server.

2. Since our server is a low-pop pvp server, I'm sure it would get priority selection.
--

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
Fair, and fair.

My googling came up with Warband not allowing Xrealm loot, but Sha does.

So, have at it!

Deathstalkr

join:2010-12-22
reply to Immer
I would be down to assist. Could only go SAT/SUN during the day though if you end up adjusting the time.

I can probably pull in some from our Guild if need be.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
cool. So, anyone who is interested be sure to add my battletag and let me know who you are on DSLR. I'll probably be using the announcement feature to ping everyone I see online. We can shoot for Saturday afternoon if evenings don't work for everyone.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Immer
Regarding Warband/Galleon - from the 5.0.5 hotfix, "Players visiting other realms via RealID or Battletag parties will no longer receive loot from Galleon/Salyis's Warband."

»us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170

Can still loot Sha, though.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Immer
I'd be up for it once I can get some heroic weapons upgrades, and figure out why I'm doing half the dps than I was in DS gear on my rogue.

I was wondering if anyone has started in on Wrathion's quests. I was thinking if x-realm kills worked we could get a group together to mow down mantids in dread wastes to rack up rep with him, maybe even get past honored if it's possible.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
You cant farm rep from kills. You have to loot 20 Dread Amber Shards for 550 rep. So grouping to farm these wont really help to much.
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
Wrathion rep is farmed from kills.

That said, I don't think its necessary, since I'm pretty sure the rep is just to prevent someone from getting shunted all pieces in like 2 weeks. Normal raiding to get your raid-drop pieces should get you the requisite rep in due time.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Immer
I can go Sunday evening. Will be at the USC/UGA game tomorrow.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Wrathion rep is farmed from kills.

That said, I don't think its necessary, since I'm pretty sure the rep is just to prevent someone from getting shunted all pieces in like 2 weeks. Normal raiding to get your raid-drop pieces should get you the requisite rep in due time.

With wrathion
he gives 2 quests

1 is rep, just go kill ALOT of stuff of the right type

2 is items collected in raid (chance drop)

he gives you both of them at 90 and from my perspective you have to complete both before you get any other quest

the upside for the item drop one is that is it drops everyone in the raid that has that quest gets the item.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer
Ok so what time?

if sha is dropping loot xrealm I'm game for it

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to DarkLogix
Unless you're desperate for rep - there's not really any hurry until you get the raid drops for the second quest you get at the same time as the rep one - you might as well just gain rep from kills while doing your Golden Lotus and Klaxxi dailies.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

I can go Sunday evening. Will be at the USC/UGA game tomorrow.

we'll shoot for Sunday evening, then. If the servers recover from their restarts, that is, lol.

Gains

join:2012-06-19
Saint Clairsville, OH
reply to Immer
Click for full size
First off, panda zones not xrealm... I think it's the same deal with the world bosses as it is with the fishing tourney... hopping from server to server to get kills or instantly win the fishing tourney on a different realm.

This weekend was in a 5 hour fight over one of these bosses... never seen such a battle ever. period. This screen shot is from our side looking at their side... so it's only half the picture. Our side looked about the same with bodies... this was taken after attrition finally hit at 2am... and shortly after 7 others dropped group i did too. At a point around ~11pm there was two groups of 40 on our side, one whole 40 man raid of pvp players just for horde control... i'm not sure how many horde there were... but they are the heavy side on our server.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to stonhinge
said by stonhinge:

Unless you're desperate for rep - there's not really any hurry until you get the raid drops for the second quest you get at the same time as the rep one - you might as well just gain rep from kills while doing your Golden Lotus and Klaxxi dailies.

I already got to honored with the black prince

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Immer
I still think this is a great idea. The only time I noticed he was spawned on our server (didn't get as much online time as I had hoped) there was a raid group already there engaging him.

So, for anyone interested in making this work cross-realm, just announce any Sha of Anger sightings in your RealID/Battlnet status and we'll try to link up 40peeps.

Darklogix has been good about spotting and announcing. He's eager for a kill.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Annoyingly the 2 sha raids I've been on didn't go well.

1st just a cluster

2nd some rouge pulled and vanished causing it to despawn

Maybe it needs to be upgraded to AES.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Immer
Anyone up for this today?

I'm on duty and will be online for 90% of the day. Add me and let me know if anyone sees this a-hole and we can try to get something together and get some lootzors.