Search similar:

uniqs

chong673
join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

1 edit

chong673

ATT stop selling DSL in 6-12 months?

My friend who is working at ATT says they will stop selling DSL in the next 6-12 months.

She said they are moving ATT employess off for DSL products, even rolling off people off shore.

She said ATT Mobility is the only thing keeping them profit and Uverse isnt profitable.

Is that news to you?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

No, it is not news to me. It has been rather obvious for quite some time that AT&T wants to move to an entirely wireless transport media.

However, that won't happen until AT&T has fixed LTE capability (in addition to their current mobile LTE platform) in most of its footprint, and I don't see that happening within the next 6-12 months.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to chong673

to chong673
in another news...

chong673 See Profile still can't decide whether to stay put with ATT or Comcast because of his gaming / streaming / torrenting etc. habits. The telcos lack of bandwidth and their respective usage caps have chong673 See Profile constantly complaining and jumping services from one company to another....

back to you NetFixer See Profile

seriously, you only heard of that lately from a friend when it's been splattered all over the net for some time now?
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC

cramer to chong673

Premium Member

to chong673
They stopped selling "DSL" a long time ago. Uverse is the only thing you can order from them today. While it's still, actually, DSL, ATT doesn't seeing that way.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to medbuyer

Premium Member

to medbuyer
said by medbuyer:

in another news...

chong673 See Profile still can't decide whether to stay put with ATT or Comcast because of his gaming / streaming / torrenting etc. habits. The telcos lack of bandwidth and their respective usage caps have chong673 See Profile constantly complaining and jumping services from one company to another....

back to you NetFixer See Profile

seriously, you only heard of that lately from a friend when it's been splattered all over the net for some time now?

Maybe chong673 See Profile is so busy watching the multi-terabytes of HD movies that he downloads every month, he just doesn't have time to keep up with current happenings.
bigddybn
join:2000-10-18
Stuart, FL

bigddybn to cramer

to cramer
There are MANY areas where uverse isn't available. DSL still is very much their primary broadband platform.

bigred44
join:2008-02-10
Charlotte, NC

bigred44

ATT stop selling DSL in 6-12 months?

I just got rid off att pots/dsl.
Now saving over $40/month.
I did it, you should too.

w4ncr8
join:2000-10-27

w4ncr8

Yep, old news call new ip dslam.

tigerpaw509
join:2011-01-19

tigerpaw509 to chong673

to chong673

Re: ATT stop selling DSL in 6-12 months?

They still sell legacy dsl and I install it every day.Ipdslam is not uv only branded as uv so the company can use the 1/2 price techs for the work.

But yes the company could stop selling it very soon and every other service as soon as the "sunset" rule arrivals.

Shadow01
Premium Member
join:2003-10-24
Wasteland

Shadow01 to chong673

Premium Member

to chong673
I wouldn't worry too much. I hear that Randal will make an announcement Nov 7th to push 4G to 30kft loops in Uverse areas as a service solution and that he plans to unload the nonUverse areas for someone else to worry about. The copper is going to die one way or the other, even if Randal has to help it along.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Shadow01:

I wouldn't worry too much. I hear that Randal will make an announcement Nov 7th to push 4G to 30kft loops in Uverse areas as a service solution and that he plans to unload the nonUverse areas for someone else to worry about. The copper is going to die one way or the other, even if Randal has to help it along.

I don't know about the Nov 7th date, but that announcement is undoubtedly on his official bucket list.

John Sellers
join:2012-08-28
Gallman, MS

John Sellers to chong673

to chong673
I saw a short article about this a few weeks ago. My question is will they cancel my DSL that I've had since Feb. 2005? Cuz right now I ain't got nuthin' else...not even a (*UUGH*) dial-up modem.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to chong673

Premium Member

to chong673
said by chong673:

She said ATT Mobility is the only thing keeping them profit and Uverse isnt profitable.

Is that news to you?

Well Uverse might be be more profitable if they didn't force you to buy the everything bundle for it to be at all cost effective.

I don't want their VOIP phone ot TV, but they will not sell BB alone at any decent rate.

herewego
@sbc.com

herewego to NetFixer

Anon

to NetFixer
found this

»stopthecap.com/2012/09/2 ··· ber-7th/