All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Gavin5
join:2012-10-03
canada

Gavin5 to Eagles LoveR

to Eagles LoveR

Re: [Other] 5 Greatest Athletes of ALL time?

I think Mohammad Ali is the greatest Athlete of all time. Because he has won all the matches in his life. That is 100 out of 100.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

»www.grantland.com/podcasts

Did you guys happen to catch the podcast on Grantland with the Sports Guy and Arnold Schwarzenegger. I think Wilt Chamberlain is overlooked as one of the greatest athletes. Arnold even was amazed by the power of Wilt.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to Gavin5

to Gavin5
said by Gavin5:

I think Mohammad Ali is the greatest Athlete of all time. Because he has won all the matches in his life. That is 100 out of 100.

Rookie poster LOL

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Gavin5

to Gavin5
Ali possibly surpasses this list. To be perfect for a career is amazing. To pay for it physically as bad as he has is a tragady.

American icon for sure.

Welcome to the forums.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

Ali was not perfect. He had 5 losses. He was a great athlete...no doubt.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

said by drslash:

Ali was not perfect. He had 5 losses. He was a great athlete...no doubt.

To me Ali, in his prime, was the gr8est athlete of all time. Handsome, perfectly proportioned people forget just how big he was. Looking at old tapes when he and Liston stood together, at the center of the ring, Lison was looking up at him. He was a Natural. Athletes in the various sports come along once in a lifetime.
Tiger Woods in Golf.
Jordan in Basketball.
Gretzsky in Hockey.
Jeter in Baseball.
Messi in soccer.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

I'm not sure why Ali being handsome has anything to do with him being an athlete.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Are you sure?

Theres some pretty gnarly stats saying the physical facial symmetry of the super bowl QBs face is the deciding factor.

Eli > Brady by a lil
Eli/Brady > most QBs in the NFL.

Look into it.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

Whoa.. umm. Brady still has 3 MVPs with 2 SB MVPs with 1 or 2 league MVPs. Give Brady his props. Eli got the better of him in the two biggest games.. But Eli > Brady? I don't know. And Either way you are forgetting 3 other QBs active today.. The other Manning, Brees, and Rodgers.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

In facial symmetry.

Its a really dumb stat that for some reason really accurately describes super bowl winning QBs.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

On what criteria are we basing this on? If we are talking pure athletic ability I would like to throw in Allen Iverson. The dude was only like 5'11 and skinny as a stick. On pure athletic ability he was able to do what guys taller than him by a foot wish they could do. He wasn't a bad football player either. Maybe he wasn't the ideal role model but for him to dominate a game for the size he was is an athletic achievement.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

Wins/loses. Championships. Skill in their sport. Like were they winning championships and also putting up great stats during the regular season? Michael Jordan for instance in basketball. Man was the most skilled player in his era bar none. Best scorer of his era bar none and won 6 champonships in a row(Not counting 2 years in retirement)

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

to Eagles LoveR
said by Eagles LoveR:

I'm not sure why Ali being handsome has anything to do with him being an athlete.

I don't know why? But I just threw that in. What the hell its a stat. Why do you think Brady is on GQ?

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Sanchez and Tebow are also on GQ.