Premium
join:2001-06-25
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to travelguy

Re: [Connectivity] New SB6120/6121 Firmware Released

Just got a firmware update last night.. wait for it...

wait...

..its to firmware release SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.6-SCM00-NOSH
--
Webmaster - Steve
- - - - - - - - - - - -
»www.1-gb.net
»www.ppnstudio.com

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
said by pokesph:

Just got a firmware update last night.. wait for it... wait...
..its to firmware release SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.6-SCM00-NOSH

Well, fingers crossed you won't have any issues...

pokesph
It Is Almost Fast
Premium
join:2001-06-25
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by travelguy:

Well, fingers crossed you won't have any issues...

Well now so far only issue has been the status page of the modem.. its not updating and shows as nothing synced and the modem as "offline"

No speed issues.. 35+ down, 5.5+ up (Blast tier) yet.
--
Webmaster - Steve
- - - - - - - - - - - -
»www.1-gb.net
»www.ppnstudio.com

koitsu
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
kudos:23
Try resetting the unit to factory defaults via the GUI, followed by doing a reboot through the GUI. It shouldn't have to download the firmware again, but the offline status and/or "broken" sync page may be fixed.

The offline status ordeal I know of (mentioned/discussed earlier in the thread), but the "broken" sync page I have never heard of until now. From what I can tell the offline status problem is fixed in 1.0.6.8 (I'm presently testing it out here).
--
Making life hard for others since 1977.
I speak for myself and not my employer/affiliates of my employer.

catnapped

join:2010-11-22
Elizabethtown, PA
reply to pokesph
said by pokesph:

Well now so far only issue has been the status page of the modem.. its not updating and shows as nothing synced and the modem as "offline"

Usually (at least in my case) there's a T4 somewhere if the status page shows offline/not completed. Other night was awful as the modem rebooted at least 5x overnight (2/3 upstream were T4'ed at one point that I saw). Not sure if it was maintenance or not as it hasn't returned since (knock wood).

koitsu
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
kudos:23
That issue (if it is an issue) may or may not have been fixed in 1.0.6.8. Explained here (in this same thread): »Re: [Connectivity] New SB6120/6121 Firmware Released

I saw this behaviour happen quite a few times with 1.0.6.6, but I haven't (so far) seen it happen with 1.0.6.8. I haven't done enough testing to state with complete certainty that it was a firmware issue however, but the 1.0.6.8 release notes do touch base somewhat on the topic.
--
Making life hard for others since 1977.
I speak for myself and not my employer/affiliates of my employer.