Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to fifty nine

Re: I've gone and done it ... solar install

said by fifty nine:

We have good reason to believe that energy prices will go up as they say. Aging power plants, coal plants going offline, the rise of China and India to compete for fossil fuel, more energy consumption including electric cars, and the fed printing more and more money are reasons to believe that rates will dramatically rise.

Right. You can count on a certain percentage just for inflation.

I think the only reason they would NOT skyrocket, would be solar's own doing - competition from solar. Depending on tier, we pay up to 3x as much per kWh as our neighbors in the city of Los Angeles (DWP). Edison claims these rates are implemented this way to "encourage conservation".

I can't see any good logical excuses why LADWP can service their customers in the same geographic region for far less than Edison. Edison charges these extortionate rates because they can.

There are already $0 down lease options that have competitive monthly fees, if those come down in price, Edison may tire of losing their business to the solar leasing companies. They just might have to respond with more reasonable pricing.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

peasoup42

join:2012-12-26
Ridgecrest, CA
@ djrobx...

I noticed you're not too far from me. Would you recommend your installer to others here in the SoCal area? Also, I've tried to go back thru the 9 pages of this thread and never caught how big your setup is. How many panels are you running and what is each panel wattage rating?

Do you have the infamous tile roof or do you have shingle roofing?

Lastly, does your system report it's performance to the internet like the other systems do (a feature I found quite interesting)?

Trying to compare to see what I would be interested in spending to take advantage of solar. Much appreciated!! )

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
said by peasoup42:

@ djrobx...

I noticed you're not too far from me. Would you recommend your installer to others here in the SoCal area? Also, I've tried to go back thru the 9 pages of this thread and never caught how big your setup is. How many panels are you running and what is each panel wattage rating?

Do you have the infamous tile roof or do you have shingle roofing?

Lastly, does your system report it's performance to the internet like the other systems do (a feature I found quite interesting)?

Trying to compare to see what I would be interested in spending to take advantage of solar. Much appreciated!! )

Definitely. I used REC solar, and they were awesome to work with in every way.

Mine's a 5.3KW (22 panel @240) system. I have a spanish tile roof.

I didn't opt to buy the reporting modules, but it can be added to the inverter. You do get that thrown in if you decide to lease (because the lease company wants to track the output).
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

peasoup42

join:2012-12-26
Ridgecrest, CA
said by djrobx:

Definitely. I used REC solar, and they were awesome to work with in every way.

Mine's a 5.3KW (22 panel @240) system. I have a spanish tile roof.

I didn't opt to buy the reporting modules, but it can be added to the inverter. You do get that thrown in if you decide to lease (because the lease company wants to track the output).

TY for the info and need to check with them to see if they service Tehachapi. I've got the tile roof as well and was worried about the removing of them to facilitate install and then having unexplained leakage as well as the weight of both panels and tiles.

My roof is actually east/west facing and will need them to be tilted to the south for best exposure. Hope that isn't additional because of that setup.