share rss forum feed

The Geezer
Premium
join:2004-12-28
43.3Á

1 edit
reply to grohgreg

Re: Lease vs Purchase

On a related note, I have in my hand a very old "Surfbeam" Via-Sat modem sitting in a pile of electronic debris in my basement beside a GE 17" CRT B&W TV set, an 8 track tape player and a 45 rpm record player.

I really don't see any benefit in owning a piece of expensive equipment that will likely be obsolete within a few years leaving me to get rid of it at my own expense.

But I'll give it to anyone who wants it and is willing to play postage!

Oh, and by the way, I also have a complete 1 metre dish assembly with TX/RX transducers that is clamped to a pole in my back yard. I'll also let it go to a new home of anyone who happens to be looking for such an item!
--
Rogers (Ericcson) Rocket Hub, Apple Intel iMac, OSX 10.6

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY
said by The Geezer:

I really don't see any benefit in owning a piece of expensive equipment that will likely be obsolete within a few years leaving me to get rid of it at my own expense.

The operative word in your assumption is "likely". In this case, the HN7000S generation of Ku-equipment is not obsolete. Business and Enterprise accounts still use it, and likely will continue to do so for years to come. I'm confident I can get at least half the investment back out of my HN7000S system just selling it for spare parts to keep other systems running.

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012