stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

Don't Play WoW If You Run For Public Office

»imgur.com/a/8Rx6f

»www.mainegop.com/2012/10/candida···estions/

Woman plays an orc rogue, ad campaign that uses this as a reason she shouldn't be in office.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

1 recommendation

I read that article last night. What a bunch of asshattery. I'm so sick of politicians and them trying to "spin" everything into a gotcha moment or something negative.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 recommendation

reply to stvnbrs

Dumb move by her opponents. People are more likely to vote for candidates with whom they share common bonds. Gaming is one of them, and taps into a demographic that may not typically vote (young people seriously involved in a past time that has nothing to do with politics).
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

1 recommendation

She's a rogue which some people may hate her for.
She's Horde, which some people may hate her for.
My, I'm fine with both of those, but everyone knows undead rogues are better than orcs.
--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence but you probably wouldn't get it.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to stvnbrs

Boy, hate to see what they would say about me and my crew.

"Kilroy has 20 maximum level characters, 10 each in both factions, he's a true schizophrenic who spends more time in Azeroth than here."

Then I'd have to introduce my new Alliance Panda, Mercibocu
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Krisnatharok

This move by her opponents likely won't affect her numbers in a popular poll. She might gain just enough younger voters to balance out the older voters who might be offended by some of her "quotes" on the postcard.

I just hope she doesn't decide to publically apologize for her "comments" in game. All I can say is thank goodness this campaign stunt didn't happen soon after that killers rampage in Sweden.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to Kilroy

your panda's french name makes no sense.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Sure it does. Thank you.

Though it should be "Merci beaucoup"

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Zyncotl

But the general message is not the choice of race or class, but the fact that she is a WoW player.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Kilroy

i know what it's saying just....French....panda?

you make not sense.

they are chinese pandas. you should delete that and rename a new panda.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

But the general message is not the choice of race or class, but the fact that she is a WoW player.

Plus some of the off color sarcastic comments aren't a beacon of rational thoughts.
Non-WoW/non-gamers don't understand it.
--
"The level of sacrifice that you give is beyond my comprehension. If the rest of us in the Country showed the level sacrifice that you do on a daily basis, we wouldn't have any of the problems we have." – Comedian Lewis Black speaking to the US troops.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Shocker = shit talking goes on in games just like any other competitions, from poker to wrestling to racing.

Someone should hit these idiot pols over the head and welcome them to real America. Or just poly them.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
Saint Paul, MN
reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

i know what it's saying just....French....panda?

It goes with the naming scheme of my toons. They all start with the same letter as their class, with some variants (I see rogues as theives and warriors as fighters, can't get the old D&D names out of my head)

So, monks have an M name and as the bard said. "What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok

First thing: I'm not pro-Republican nor pro-Democrat. I hate all politicians equally. I think they are all scum.

Now that that's cleared up.
I wonder how many of those scumbags on the opposing team have kids (adolescents or children in college) that are gamers? I wonder if they consider their children to have a bizarre double life?
--
"The level of sacrifice that you give is beyond my comprehension. If the rest of us in the Country showed the level sacrifice that you do on a daily basis, we wouldn't have any of the problems we have." – Comedian Lewis Black speaking to the US troops.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to stvnbrs

We want to see her wowarmory.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

I was ignoring that and making poking fun at the "real" issue of her choosing to be an Orc.
--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence but you probably wouldn't get it.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

1 edit
reply to Zyncotl

As a proud Alliance member, I disapprove of your post. But as a NELF Rogue, I have to salute it at the same time.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth

Alliance*

I play Horde but at least I can spell my faction correctly...

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

1 recommendation

reply to stvnbrs

although i do not agree with her politically. playing a game is far from being incompetant.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to mettachain

Good for you. heres a * to stick on your wall.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to stvnbrs

My favorite part is DPS = DEATHS PER SECOND

We're all walking murder machines

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

said by Nick D:

My favorite part is DPS = DEATHS PER SECOND

Yeah, if you're going to slam someone you should probably know what you're talking about. I think Lachowicz isn't any less deserving of votes than the Republican candidate. I mean, who would want a party in office which doesn't know what they're talking about? Doesn't do their research before making a decision?

And I think it's LAUGHABLE that they actually launched a web site to track Lachowicz?!

Yeah, the whole scene is poison.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to stvnbrs

Blizzard should sue the competition for printing or publishing any images that use material from WoW. As they do hold a right to prevent any and all usage without their permission. And the attacking team using WoW as political ammo could be seen as bad for the company. Guessing though Activision Blizzard lawyers are already reviewing such.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Gork
Ou812ic

Bountiful, UT

said by Kearnstd:

Blizzard should sue the competition

Now THERE's a news story! heh

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

said by Gork:

said by Kearnstd:

Blizzard should sue the competition

Now THERE's a news story! heh

the party trying to say this woman is not suited for office has printed a flyer with Blizzard owned images on it. Technically they reserve the right to control that usage. fan art for example most ignore because its good publicity, the models and screenshots bing used for political mud slinging is bad for business.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

MSC

@rr.com
reply to Gork

Well. As a health care professional, most people would be surprised at the number of us that play WoW; doctors (including me), nurses, virtually all of us. We do this because WoW allows us to express our aggression and sorrow in a safe and supportive environment. We even have our own guilds, although most people are not aware of this.

I have a hunter and a mage that I am leveling to 90 right now (my time is limited). We all know that both of these classes are strictly DPS and do tons of damage. Oddly, nobody I know is a healer - we do enough of this for real.

Being a WoW player can be a sign of health. It's relaxing, fun, and hurts nobody.

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

We want to see her wowarmory.

»us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g···a/simple

Hasn't played in a year or so obviously.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to stvnbrs

What if she's a trade troll

Gork
Ou812ic

Bountiful, UT
reply to MSC

@MSC
Yeah, I've always found it interesting that you could group up with a 9yo kid and run a dungeon, then afterwards be running a dungeon next to a doctor, a 65yo grandma or pretty much anyone else. And I'm in law enforcement so I completely understand what you're talking about.

@Kearnstd
As far as a lawsuit goes, I only mentioned what I did because I think it'd be a gas if Blizz did sue 'em; that'd be a fun news story to come across.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to cymraeg

said by cymraeg:

although i do not agree with her politically. playing a game is far from being incompetant.

Let's see her DPS #s!