Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

Rocky Gaudrault leaves TekSavvy for new ventures

quote:
TekSavvy Solutions Inc. will have one less member of the Gaudrault family running the local business.

Rocky Gaudrault, who founded the Internet service provider company with his brother Marc in 1998, has left the business after taking a one-year sabbatical to pursue new opportunities in the mortgage and insurance business.

Rocky Gaudrault told The Chatham Daily News he has done a lot of soul searching and came to the realization that, “as much as I loved everyone at Teksavvy and the Internet access world, what had become of the business, an my role within, was too far a departure from being able to do what I loved most . . . deal in relationships and people.”

He said it is with mixed emotions that he's decided to step way from the company.

Marc Gaudrault, who is taking over as CEO and owner of TekSavvy, after a year of being acting CEO, said, in a written release: “Rocky's contributions have been immeasurable.

“I will do my best to carry on the torch with the same pride, dedication and passion that Rocky did.”

The Daily News will be updating this story.
Source: »www.chathamdailynews.ca/2012/10/···ventures

I am certainly disappointed and sad by this decision.

Wish you best of luck in your new ventures! Will hope, you will come back to TSI ONE DAY!!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Seems to me Rocky preferred it when TekSavvy was a smaller "mom & pop" operation, where he was able to be hands on with many things, create a presence here on DSLR with open and no bullshit attitude unseen before.

I wish you all the best Rocky. Hope you stop by here once in a while and say hi and what you've been up to.

spock

join:2012-07-08

I think I might cry

JGROCKY
Premium
join:2005-05-19
Chatham, ON

3 recommendations

reply to Guru

Tx for the well wishes guys! Much appreciated!

charles88

@cogentco.com

Rocky, what are we going to do without you? we'll be like ships lost at sea....no light house to guide us in....

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to JGROCKY

Good luck Rocky.

And stop by from time to time!

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
reply to Guru

Now we know who to call when mortgages are due!

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to JGROCKY

said by JGROCKY:

Tx for the well wishes guys! Much appreciated!

Good luck R0CKY! I hope your new ventures bring in enough capital to start a national FTTH network! (We can all dream... )
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Guru

Good luck Rocky! I know you will bring the same passion, determination, drive, and sound principles to whatever venture you choose to embark upon.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Guru

I'm glad we have confirmation as to whats going on.

Thank you Rocky for building such a great ISP and bringing your unique take on leadership into the market. I'm grateful that TSI exists today and that we can continue to enjoy service hopefully for a long time to come

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to El Quintron

Good luck Rocky. Hope to see you around the forums but if not we'll certainly never forget you.

Also if you do start an FTTH network, I'll uhh, well I can test your bandwidth.

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

said by mlerner:

Good luck Rocky. Hope to see you around the forums but if not we'll certainly never forget you.

X2

ftp1020

join:2007-01-30
Canada
reply to Guru

Best wishes for all your future endeavours, and thanks *especially* for taking the time to participate on this forum and all the other acts of engagement with your customers. It was unique, and will be badly missed.

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
reply to JGROCKY

All the best to you, Rocky. May you find what you're looking for.

Expand your moderator at work

OHSrob

join:2011-06-08
reply to Guru

Re: Rocky Gaudrault leaves TekSavvy for new ventures

I may no longer be a teksavvy subscriber but I really liked Rocky's dedication to the Teksavvy community and how he use to stick it to bell when they got out of line.

Rocky you will be missed you were a great CEO and an inspiration to us all, May you have good on your future endeavors.

edit: I also use to think it was really awesome how you use to post in response to try to help customer's even if they were blatant trolls. You still got in there and did your best to keep everyone happy.

You were a fantastic CEO Rocky, I aspire to be half the man you are.

--
www.ontariohighspeed.ca

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
reply to JGROCKY

Bonne chance Roch!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to Guru

Good Luck Rocky.

Insurance company eh? So I guess the next step is to put on the pinstripe 3 piece suits.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

Also if you do start an FTTH network, I'll uhh, well I can test your bandwidth.

Admit it ......You just want Rocky to plug his fibre into your ONT

Rastan

join:2007-04-25
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·voip.ms
reply to Guru

Good luck, Rocky. Thanks for providing us with an affordable and top notch service. I'm surprised that someone who's passionate about battling big business and providing a great service is entering the mortgage and insurance business, but I hope you find what you're looking for.

kragop

join:2006-02-15
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to JGROCKY

Sad to hear you go...
But I wish you all the best, and much success

What company are you currently employed with?

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to Rastan

said by Rastan:

Good luck, Rocky. Thanks for providing us with an affordable and top notch service.

Yes, indeed. So happy to have tried Teksavvy out so many years ago. Yes, I am a fanboy.

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
reply to Guru

Not surprised. Best of luck!

xbell

@cgocable.net
reply to Guru

I own a firm in the telecom sector and I have a pretty good idea why Rocky left after watching this forum for years and it's the same reason I didn't grow my business. I have had the chance a hundred times over to increase revenue by expanding which would have left me unable to offer the level of service I prefer to give my customers. Options come along and people say "do this and you'll make more money". "But I'm happy making less with absolutely no headaches" I would reply. I have never, and this is after thousands of customers and before TSI was even around, had an unsatisfied customer. Occasionally I lose a little money on a job or break even but it always comes back around in referrals and goodwill. Even though I could make much more money the stress is just not worth it. Of course this isn't possible in every sector of telecom as it is grow or die but I wonder if Rocky could do it over he would do things differently.

MacGyver
Don't Waste Your Energy
Premium,ExMod 2003-05
join:2001-10-14
Canada
reply to Guru

Thanks Rocky for all you did for Internet Access in Canada. It sure would be a lot scarier today if not for your love and care for the customer.

MacGyver
Don't Waste Your Energy
Premium,ExMod 2003-05
join:2001-10-14
Canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Guru

Rocky tribute video collection!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZnShCoS23o

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTMw21TxLLg

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ncgZxmx4A

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRvReWD0XrM

Montreal DSL

join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL
reply to Guru

Rocky, all the best in your new challenges. It was a pleasure to work with you!

Marc, keep up the good work! I know Teksavvy is in very good hands!

Montreal-DSL re-seller

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
reply to Guru

Will we be seeing you on the Dragon's Den?

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21

2 recommendations

Good luck Rocky, although we never met in all honesty i was a silent admirer of your work (watched the youtube videos above a dozen of times). You were a good competitor and was a source of motivation for me to continue in this business.

We started both around the same time but your business had a much higher success and bigger growth. You can be proud of being behind that along with the 'dream team' human resources that you trained/hired.

I have heard a lot of things about why you left that i will not comment here. From deep in my heart i wish you to find your way and keep serenity with that decision.

It is sure not easy, it's your baby that you let go and i can testify how much work you went through.

Sincerely, Jean-Philippe Béique CEO Electronic Box.
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
reply to Guru

Thanks for being a genuine guy R0CKY. Hopefully Marky Marc can tolerate our asses in the distant future!

You plan on hawking mortgages in the West?

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union