To infinity... and beyond
Premium
join:2005-06-21
Irvine, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
reply to rebus9

Re: Clear Trying to Charge Account Closed 1 Year Ago

Their website is down. I haven't had the need to call their phone number. My account has not been charged yet for Clear service. I would love to think that they got hacked, as their domain resolves to a: TraceRoute to 206.196.118.3 [clear.com]
Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name

10 58 53 38 206.196.118.3 lizard73.cgrewards.net

Posted from Clear's Facebook:

"EMAIL ERROR: Today multiple emails with the Subject of “ Are you Missing your 4G Internet” Or “We Couldn’t Process your Payment” were sent in error to many of our customers. If you received any of these emails we would like to apologize for this inconvenience and ensure you that we are investigating the complete cause of this error to ensure it does not happen again."

"EMAIL UPDATE: Many of you have asked whether the recent email error led to inadvertent billing or a compromise of your credit card information. We can assure you that this did not happen. Thank you again for your patience."

rebus9

join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House
said by WiFiguru:

Posted from Clear's Facebook:

"EMAIL ERROR: Today multiple emails with the Subject of “ Are you Missing your 4G Internet” Or “We Couldn’t Process your Payment” were sent in error to many of our customers.

Sounds like the wrong database (or DB query) was fed to a mail merge script.

Oops.