Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:164
reply to FTBoomer

Re: [Internet] Best Routers for Bridged Networks

Thank you I will confirm later tomorrow hopefully the same thing. I too noticed this hence my general lack of enthusiasm for the last build. Others were also complaining of it.

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium
join:2005-07-30
Central FL
How to use VPN server in Padavan firmware.

I am noobe with VPN configuration. So starting with a simple question: Can I turn on the VPN server in Padavan and then login and access the internet from a remote computer through my VPN without setting up OpenVPN on a PC?

Does anyone have experience doing this? How well does it work?

cavalierfh

join:2002-06-18
Orlando, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
This may be a dumb question..

But if I'm on stock ASUS firmware, and I save my configuration settings, can I load that into Padavan's firmware?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:164
said by cavalierfh:

This may be a dumb question..

But if I'm on stock ASUS firmware, and I save my configuration settings, can I load that into Padavan's firmware?

Had you upgraded step by step from the start the answer is yes...but since then they have made so many changes that this would not be a safe assumption. I definately know that take config files from the most current version of Padavan and going backwards does not work well at all.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~