join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

Anonymous Associate Barrett Brown Indicted on Federal Charge

Anonymous Associate Barrett Brown Indicted on Federal Charges

quote:
Writer and journalist Barrett Brown has been charged by the US Attorney with conspiracy to reveal private information about a government employee, Internet threats and retaliation against a federal investigator.

Mr. Brown, who has sometimes been referred to as a spokesman for Anonymous, was was arrested on September 12 at his Dallas-area home after he posted a series of bizarre and rambling videos on YouTube titled, “Why I’m Going to Destroy FBI Agent Robert Smith.”
»betabeat.com/2012/10/anonymous-a···charges/

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3

Pull a tiger's tail hard enough and often enough, and eventually he's going to whirl and lay some claws on you...

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

said by Blackbird:

Pull a tiger's tail hard enough and often enough, and eventually he's going to whirl and lay some claws on you...

Eventually, you get bit.

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
reply to Blackbird

quote:
Barrett Brown, the controversial and polarizing online activist and former member of Anonymous has been indicted on charges of making internet threats, publishing personal information of a government employee and threatening a federal law enforcement officer.
»www.globalpost.com/dispatches/gl···indicted

Sounds like Barrett might have crossed the line.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by Link Logger:

Sounds like Barrett might have crossed the line.

Blake

Yep... but whether he actually and illegally did or not, he's likely to never forget the experience that's unfolding upon him now. I suspect much of the tiger's reaction is intended to make him a poster-boy to others for the consequences of similar actions, at least as much as it's to see justice served.
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

said by Blackbird:

Yep... but whether he actually and illegally did or not, he's likely to never forget the experience that's unfolding upon him now. I suspect much of the tiger's reaction is intended to make him a poster-boy to others for the consequences of similar actions, at least as much as it's to see justice served.

I don't think the Feds care to make Barrett a poster-boy for anything other then the stupid, as Barrett is at best a fringe player and nothing more then a mouth flapping in the breeze of what others are doing, not much of a poster boy for striking fear into the heart of Anonymous. If he was doing more then blabbing then he would be in far more trouble then he is now.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 edit
reply to siljaline

The have some magic day Nov 5th stuff coming up..depending on what side of the drink you live on.

Anonymous: Operation Jubilee Nov 5th

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfCjllHD7V0

Anonymous: Operation V (Nov. 5th 2012)

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAaCZWQn···=related

Citizens Action Day

On November 5th 2012 we the people will march on Washington DC peacefully and unarmed to arrest all members of congress, the president, and all supreme court justices where they will be held without bond until a full independent investigation and trial have been completed. We must re-elect our government within 90 days in order to stave of unrest.

The rEVOLution to Restore the Republic of the United States

First of all please know that this is not a Protest!!!!

»www.facebook.com/events/292876377463948/

--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

My TPL's block YouTube at this level
Ya'll going to have to point at some other type of media.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

said by siljaline:

My TPL's block YouTube at this level
Ya'll going to have to point at some other type of media.

Did all y'all try to click in the link under the video..or copy/paste that link in your favorite internet conveyance ?

All of the techs are busy right now helping other customers fix their hosts files. Please leave two bananas and he will get back to you.
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/