share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Need your help on a tough one!

I have 3 sisters and a brother. One of those sisters was my salvation when my pal Dave died, and since I've moved back home we've been thick as thieves. She's quite sensitive and a very outdoorsy girl. Her biggest hobby is racing snow mobiles, and she loves Winter the best. She's also an avid gradener/landscaper.

She thinks we've all become too dependent on technology, and loves Vermont because the people she knows there are back to nature, back to grass roots. I get a lot of guff from her because I am the techie in the family, and would jump at the first chance to get a chip implant (for real). To her, that is horrific, hah hah hah...

Anyways, her birthday is coming in several days and I need to do SOMETHING for her for all she's been for me. I might be on the almost broke side, but what does a guy get his sister when she means the world to him? I was thinking a bank account in the Cayman's, but I can't swing it...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

1 recommendation

»www.earthbox.com/
Just a thought.
Something I might like to get, and since you said she's, an "avid gardener".
--
Come fold for a cure with us @ Team Helix.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 edit

Wow Russ, that is a great idea!

Edit, I need to think carefully though, because she has a whole system, everything is planned how she has it all planted, I need to think where she would put it. She already has planters all around her deck and front windows, and lots of decorative landscaping. But what a great gift idea. I might actually get her this.

Jammy
ja'Krinda
Premium
join:2000-11-03
Pittsburg, CA
kudos:1
reply to signmeuptoo

Get her a female rag doll. Very earthy.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

That's a cute idea too.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:3

I was gonna suggest popping out of a Giant bag of Miracle-Gro as a surprise, but after all those ideas....
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
reply to signmeuptoo

Here is another earthy thought: »bepreparedtosurvive.com/Edible%2···ooks.htm

Found googing: survival plant book

Stooges Fan
Premium
join:2002-10-18

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo

Get her a Harley. I can't think of a better way to enjoy the outdoors. If necessary make it a 1910 or so model. There should be no technology issues with this vintage.

Pin
Premium
join:2002-06-19
The Dungeon

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo

As a motorcycle enthusiast ( might get one again in the short future ), my 2 favorite winter accessories were kevlar shielded, thinsulate gloves that overlapped my jacket sleeve or a tinted shield for my helmet. Warm hands makes for a warm body in the winter, and being able to see where your going is kinda nice too.
--
time nor tide wait for no man...

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

They wear electrically heated gloves that connect to the snowmobile. She says I could never survive a day of hard riding up in Vermont, and I have no doubts she's right, you surely have to be pretty rugged. She was always the strong one, the bold one. She was already racing when she was a young girl.

Sadly, I can't afford most the cool things I'd like to get her. BTW, one of my other sisters says she might go in on something for her, but she shot down the planter idea because she feels that sis already HAS her successful way of growing plants. But she does like the idea of something gardening oriented.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Icarus
Department Of Redundancy Department
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center
reply to signmeuptoo

Heifer’s Gift Catalog

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

Fasciating.

Jammy
ja'Krinda
Premium
join:2000-11-03
Pittsburg, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Stooges Fan

Harley's are earthy too!b Don't forget a Harley helmet for women with her name on the back. Oh yeh . . .nice wrap around shades.

Jammy

said by Stooges Fan:

Get her a Harley. I can't think of a better way to enjoy the outdoors. If necessary make it a 1910 or so model. There should be no technology issues with this vintage.

--

lagh lucharghlu'bogh HuH ghopDu'lIj lungaSjaj