Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4

Re: Toronto Plastic Bag Ban Upheld

said by Bob4:

So why don't you guys just use these bags? They even have handles! They also hold about 3 times what plastic bags hold, so you need a lot fewer bags to carry your groceries. Our supermarket uses them (no extra charge).

»www.durobag.com/Standard ··· =13&f=10

Probably because they are too damned cheap to buy bags like that. Why would they when they can ear 5 cents per piece of cheap as pennies plastic bags.

They don't even off paper bags around here...
TheDao
join:2009-01-01

TheDao

I use a gym bag and a ryclable bag I got at Mac Milk for 99 cents. But I do need plastic bags from time to time. I save food scrapes so it can be composited by the city ( I live in apartment building). Also I use them to carry out garbage if I didn't buy these plastic bags I would have to buy kitchen bags.
Way before the bag tax a lot of people I saw bring plastic bags back to the grocery stores. I have seen over 200 plastic bags being brought back every time I went shopping. There is very little reduced in bag usage it just transferred to mostly from grocery plastic bags to kitchen bags or garbage bags. Bag are bags, they all go to the landfill.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by TheDao:

There is very little reduced in bag usage it just transferred to mostly from grocery plastic bags to kitchen bags or garbage bags. Bag are bags, they all go to the landfill.

Here is the funny part about that, the bags in Toronto are biodegradable. Right after implementing the bag tax, that little nugget came out.