Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to sbrook

to sbrook

Re: Rocky Gaudrault leaves TekSavvy for new ventures

said by sbrook:

Good luck to you R0CKY! You've gone from one tough as nails market and business to another. My brother was in the Insurance business and it nearly broke him as he gradually realized that he lost faith that the products he was selling *really* were of benefit to his clients. He gradually moved from the insurance products into financial planning and has done fairly well since.

Thank you for all you've done. It's appreciated!

Insurance is not for everyone. I've worked in the field for 17 years and find it very rewarding but most do not last.

ChuckcZar
@teksavvy.com

ChuckcZar

Anon

The mortgage and insurance business is what you call cyclical. Of the major economies Canada is the last to see a housing crash. The last two being Australia and China. We all know who was first (America for those that forgot) but the question remains how bad will it be here in Canada. The mortgage and insurance business are not what to be looking at as they're in the midst of a cyclical downturn that could last several decades here.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

I would agree on the mortgage part but insurance being cyclical depends on what type of insurance you're talking about. As far as decades of gloom and doom I think not.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by Mike2009:

....... but insurance being cyclical depends on what type of insurance you're talking about.

Rocky's gone into partnership with Robellus, selling UBB 'insurance'.
I hear that pastures are 'greener' on the other side.

Just kidding.

Good luck Rocky.
Maybe you can sell JF some insurance against getting whacked by Bell.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by Mike2009:

....... but insurance being cyclical depends on what type of insurance you're talking about.

Rocky's gone into partnership with Robellus, selling UBB 'insurance'.
I hear that pastures are 'greener' on the other side.

Just kidding.

Good luck Rocky.
Maybe you can sell JF some insurance against getting whacked by Bell.

If you can'tbeat them, join them.
Mike2009

Mike2009

From Linked In:

Through my nearly one year sabbatical, I’d done a lot of soul searching and in doing so had come to the realization that, as much as I loved everyone at Teksavvy and the Internet Access world, what had become of the business, and my role within, was too far a departure from being able to do what I loved most… deal in relationships and people! So, after a wild 15 years and with mixed emotions, I’ve decided to step away from TekSavvy. In doing so I opted to work with my brother Marc to enable him to assume my half of TekSavvy to ensure a continued Gaudrault presence in TSI`s future...

During my time off Marc took the helm, while I experimented to see what came next and, although a couple bumps here and there while dealing with strong growth, seems to have found what looks like a winning combination. Having gone through this exorcise (sabbatical) I feel I’ll be able to contribute to the world in a new way, while keeping with what makes me tick; “working with people”, but this time, trading in Internet modems for Mortgage and Insurance tools!

As I see it, this next chapter says the best is yet to come, for these two new ventures and for TekSavvy!

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Rocky should merge his insurance and mortgage business with Teksavvy in the future and offer bundles!

I'd totally jump on it.

"Get insurance with us and obtain tektalk for free! Get a mortgage? Free Internet!"

The incumbents won't stand a chance then.