gkeawe

join:2011-03-08
Norman, OK
reply to gkeawe

Re: [OK] Ultimate Tier Upload Speed less than 5mb

bchandler02

join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK

Those actually look pretty good. Some may say the SNR is a hair lower than "normal", but spec is 35+. Some here are seeing the powerboost hit their uploads as well and getting double digit upload speeds, I've never gotten that even when on Ultimate. I want to say I was getting 7-8 up when on Ultimate, but it's been a while so my memory could be wrong.

For comparison in Moore/S OKC:

Down:
Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio:
Channel 1: 2.8 dBmV 35.7 dB
Channel 2: 2.9 dBmV 38.2 dB
Channel 3: 1.7 dBmV 37.6 dB
Channel 4: 2.0 dBmV 37.1 dB
Channel 5: 2.0 dBmV 37.5 dB
Channel 6: 1.6 dBmV 36.8 dB
Channel 7: 2.5 dBmV 36.8 dB
Channel 8: 2.3 dBmV 36.8 dB

Up:
Power Level:
Channel 1: 45.0 dBmV

»www.speedtest.net/result/2226702851.png

bchandler02

join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to gkeawe

Also, if you've exhausted your support with normal tech support, there is an executive escalation line for the OKC area that you can call.

Are you seeing anything else besides slightly slow uploads? Packet loss, etc?

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Well I don't know if there is a noise issue on the upstream where he is, or if the upstream is limited by changes cox hasn't made yet. But being that he is only on a 16QAM, and not 64QAM on that upstream channel. Also on a 2.560 symbol rate, and not a 5.120 symbol rate. That really is limiting the upstream capacity available to him on that channel, and most likely a good reason he is not seeing 5mbps of upstream speed.

gkeawe

Norman, OK

Do you think I should try the Cisco cable modem that COX provides? I'm wondering if that would make a difference.

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by gkeawe:

Do you think I should try the Cisco cable modem that COX provides? I'm wondering if that would make a difference.

You can do what you want, but I can say I am pretty sure your limited by the two things I said in my above post. I know a modem will drop down from a 64QAM to 16QAM, when there is a noise issue. But I don't know if 64QAM is available on that upstream channel or not. I can say with the modem only locked onto a 16QAM, and 2.560 symbol rate, you are really limited in the upstream capacity available to you. As for the other modem, as long as its a D3 modem. I see no reason in not giving it a shot, if you haven't already.

gkeawe

Norman, OK
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Click for full size
Thanks, I might try a Cisco modem to see if its a modem issue. I reset my modem and this is what I get now.

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Try it, you can always go back if it doesn't help. If it doesn't though, I suggest you PM one of the cox guys on here, and see if they can look over things to see if there is a problem. Because me, or you don't know how the upstream channels are setup in your area, and what you should or shouldn't be seeing.