Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to Anon00

Premium Member

to Anon00

Re: Astraweb automates DMCA removals

said by Anon00:

Trying out Sunny Usenet.

Gibinews seems to have issues.

I've heard SSL-News.info is good. I'll probably try them once my Gibinews subscription ends next month.

By the way, from what I've seen and read, Astraweb goes a step further and doesn't just remove the articles, they fill it with dummy info. That is the proverbial straw.

I'm staying away from companies with a US presence. Who would have guessed that an administration that loaded their DOJ heads with RIAA and MPAA lawyers would be so heavy-handed.

Threatening the very freedom of the Internet by allowing law enforcement agencies to seize domains with no real cause, and no timely due process, with the government being butt buddies of the Entertainment industry... sigh. I guess they don't make enough money.

can you make the site English? I can't understand sit on there. not sure I missed a link to make it English or something.
Anon00
Premium Member
join:2001-09-25
USA

Anon00

Premium Member

said by TOPDAWG:

said by Anon00:

Trying out Sunny Usenet.

Gibinews seems to have issues.

I've heard SSL-News.info is good. I'll probably try them once my Gibinews subscription ends next month.

By the way, from what I've seen and read, Astraweb goes a step further and doesn't just remove the articles, they fill it with dummy info. That is the proverbial straw.

I'm staying away from companies with a US presence. Who would have guessed that an administration that loaded their DOJ heads with RIAA and MPAA lawyers would be so heavy-handed.

Threatening the very freedom of the Internet by allowing law enforcement agencies to seize domains with no real cause, and no timely due process, with the government being butt buddies of the Entertainment industry... sigh. I guess they don't make enough money.

can you make the site English? I can't understand sit on there. not sure I missed a link to make it English or something.

I used Chrome (I normally use Firefox) to load that site and translate it for me. Works very well.

Sunny 10 connections can get me 2.5MBps