spc
uniqs

Insight6
join:2012-08-25

Insight6 to Robert

to Robert

Re: DSLR Avatars; Telephone Customer Service Representatives

said by Robert:

Would larger avatars make your visit to this site more enjoyable?

Yes, its a question of personal creativity or expression. The current size limitation is like being asked to describe your life in 10 words or less, and cite four life experiences of interest.

Larger or the size avatar I refer to are the industry standard. Doesn't one of the largest and most prestigious sites like DSLR offer their members the same level of personal expression and creativity as the so many lesser sites?

The question you and others that share the view the current size is fine should be asking the SERIOUS question why aren't the members offered the 100x100 or 120x120 size. DSLR should provide a SERIOUS answer of substance to that question.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Insight6:

The question you and others that share the view the current size is fine should be asking the SERIOUS question why aren't the members offered the 100x100 or 120x120 size. DSLR should provide a SERIOUS answer of substance to that question.

This is simple. The site's long-term, frequent (and often premium) users are not demanding 100x100 or 120x120 -- they are happy with the current layout.

Insight6

Insight6

You aren't asking the question or any question, you are just assuming facts not in evidence, wildly speculating, and compensating for your puny avatar. (Insert good-nature sticking out tongue smilie--also not available.)

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Insight6:

You aren't asking the question or any question, you are just assuming facts not in evidence, wildly speculating, and compensating for your puny avatar. (Insert good-nature sticking out tongue smilie--also not available.)

Having been a member for over a decade, your question about larger avatars has been brought up more times than I can count.. and the outcome is the same.. us regular members are OK with the current layout.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to Insight6

Premium Member

to Insight6
said by Insight6:

Yes, its a question of personal creativity or expression.

This is your only outlet for "creativity" ?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to Insight6

MVM

to Insight6
There is a 'standard' for avatar size???? Not that I have ever heard of and when I was a mod for a website there were zero 'standards' for avatars and signatures - it all boils down to the owner of the site.

If you want outlets for creativity - then we have digital imaging forum and an avatar forum.

Sorry - but I think larger avatars won't do a thing to help your or anyone else's creativity. After all - there are a zillion other sites were creativity is the backbone of the site.

"The question you and others that share the view the current size is fine should be asking the SERIOUS question why aren't the members offered the 100x100 or 120x120 size. DSLR should provide a SERIOUS answer of substance to that question. "

I don't even think your issue to be serious - till you own the site.

Insight6

1 edit

Insight6 to dave

to dave
said by dave:

said by Insight6:

Yes, its a question of personal creativity or expression.

This is your only outlet for "creativity" ?

Actually no. Just the opposite. It is, however, one of my many life venues that offers such little opportunity for creativity. Thanks for caring.

I like Rob's quasi "the emperor has no clothes logic argument." It is analogous to year after year the question at a pig farm of how good is the slop here being brought up by all the pigs time after time and the pigs continue to state the slop is just fine. Best slop around.

Not calling Rob or ANY members pigs or suggesting that DSLR in anyway offers or serves slop--well except for one forum that offers slop in the form of its posts and that will remain unnamed. But that's the crazies that post there, not DSLR's fault or responsibility for the loons and their posts in said site.

Regarding the avatar, gee I didn't know some peoples identity was so dominated by their membership here. If one even constructively and civilly offers up a criticism some, not Rob and Dave, of course, respond with how dare my site and by extension my ego be attacked.

But how about an official answer from DSLR on why unlike all most all other sites 100X100 or 120X120 avatars are not offered. I mean its a simple question that should be able to be reasonably and easily offered.

Meanwhile about those CS reps. LOL! (Help, help the mother ship is being "attacked.")

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

If you want to suggest a change, then post here: »Feedback

Personally; I could give a goat's arse what size the avatar is.

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

Weirdal to Insight6

Premium Member

to Insight6
said by Insight6:

But how about an official answer from DSLR on why unlike all most all other sites 100X100 or 120X120 avatars are not offered. I mean its a simple question that should be able to be reasonably and easily offered.

You can see pages upon pages of discussion in the correct forum, including plenty of posts from dslr staff.

»[request] Larger Avatars
»[request] Avatars - Bigger
»[request] Allow for a bit larger Avatars

TheHarvester
Premium Member
join:2006-08-25
Dana Point, CA

TheHarvester to Insight6

Premium Member

to Insight6
said by Insight6:

(Insert good-nature sticking out tongue smilie--also not available.)

Is this the one you refer to?

Cthen
Premium Member
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

1 edit

Cthen to Insight6

Premium Member

to Insight6
said by Insight6:

said by Robert:

Would larger avatars make your visit to this site more enjoyable?

Yes, its a question of personal creativity or expression. The current size limitation is like being asked to describe your life in 10 words or less, and cite four life experiences of interest.

Larger or the size avatar I refer to are the industry standard. Doesn't one of the largest and most prestigious sites like DSLR offer their members the same level of personal expression and creativity as the so many lesser sites?

So in other words you mean that you would like to express even further to everyone here that you are a bigot, racist, and wish slavery was still around? Am I perceiving your expression correctly by the current expression in your avatar?

Insight6

Insight6

said by Cthen:

So in other you mean that you would like to express even further to everyone here that you are a bigot, racist, and wish slavery was still around? Am I perceiving your expression correctly by the current expression in your avatar?

You need even more than one other previous poster to study or learn the psychological concept and in your particular case the affliction and influence of "projection."

Slavery is and was the most heinous crime committed by man against man over time.

I'm not a bigot. I even tolerate illogical bigoted ingnorant rants like yours coming out of nowhere--even when based upon a wild imagination, hostility, and historical ignorance. In fact there is zero basis anywhere in this thread for you to make such a post not to mention one that is completely off topic and a blatant trolling attempt. I know you aren't trying to start a blatant flame war becasue you lack the ammunition in a variety of categories.

All people as a class including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, or global location are completely equal in their worth as humans or persons. There is no difference. We all are of equal worth and value.

Dude, get some help.

Cthen
Premium Member
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

Cthen

Premium Member

So wait here, your getting all bent out of shape over that saying there is no fact? Despite the fact of what the pic of your avatar usually tends to represent? (Which is out here in the wide open)

It's ok, I see this all the time around the internet. No one will agree with you, point out your flaws in what you said, then you pretend that you might actually know something. Let me guess, you get long winded with phone reps too when you don't get what you want?

Insight6

Insight6

Dude, get some help. Really man.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 edit

Mele20 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
said by Robert:

said by Insight6:

Having been a member for over a decade, your question about larger avatars has been brought up more times than I can count.. and the outcome is the same.. us regular members are OK with the current layout.

Where did you get that idea? You notice I don't have an Avatar and I am a Premium member. I hate the tiny size and have said so many times but there is not much point in voicing opinions here regarding the site itself because ONE person makes the decisions here and that person sometimes listen to what members want but other times ignores what many want. But that is OK because this is a site that is owned by one person. It is Justin's personal site and as the sole owner he can, and does, do as he pleases. Our choices are to accept his decisions.

Not only do I not have an avatar because they are way too tiny, but also I have chosen to NOT see any avatars here so I have no idea what any of you have. I'd like to see other's avatars but not tiny ones. I prefer to see NONE rather than see tiny ones. I also don't like how they are sitting incorrectly in the author column ...they are cockeye a bit and Justin did that also deliberately. So, for both reasons I decided to stop seeing avatars shortly after "I See People" became available to members here. I like I See People because it saves me other irritation that is in the author column because while this site resides in the USA the owner is not from the USA thus we see weird renditions of the date of joining, etc in the author column instead of what USA citizens are accustomed to seeing. So, with I See People I can not have to see any of that instead of how it should be that date and time is seen according the member's accustomed method (set in our profile) or site default which should be USA method since the site in in the USA.