Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Insight6

join:2012-08-25

1 edit
reply to Insight6

Re: DSLR Avatars; Telephone Customer Service Representatives

Now proven by the repetitive standardized Pavlovian response and near boilerplate posts---the option to have different size or larger avatars is too much for DSLR the site, the software, and many of the members--mostly members from the stone age or at least the last century and in many cases, (not all, NOT ALL), indicative or the same concept why we have term limits for politicians.

I vote that we just change everyone's avatar to that of Linus with his blanket!

Also as mentioned Premium* wasn't working when I joined but I am not motivated to pay 10 bucks to get a 50 x 50 avatar. (Fact is I've never belonged to a forum where you had to pay to get an avatar.) Or did I misunderstand a previous comment that said you had to "upgrade" to premium to get an avatar?

Meanwhile how about those telephone customer service reps? Never mind. Linus doesn't care about telephone customer service reps!

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
No, you don't need to be premium to use an avatar. I don't recall reading that at all.
--
Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Weirdal
Premium
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21

1 recommendation

reply to Insight6
said by Insight6:

Now proven by the repetitive standardized Pavlovian response and near boilerplate posts---the option to have different size or larger avatars is too much for DSLR the site, the software, and many of the members--mostly members from the stone age or at least the last century and in many cases, (not all, NOT ALL), indicative or the same concept why we have term limits for politicians.

I vote that we just change everyone's avatar to that of Linus with his blanket!

Also as mentioned Premium* was working when I joined but I am not motivated to pay 10 bucks to get a 50 x 50 avatar. (Fact is I've never belonged to a forum where you had to pay to get an avatar.) Or did I misunderstand a previous comment that said you had to "upgrade" to premium to get an avatar?

Meanwhile how about those telephone customer service reps? Never mind. Linus doesn't care about telephone customer service reps!

Resorting to insults after being given a perfectly logical explanation. You are the worst.

Have you tried taking a step back and realizing that you are not the beautiful, unique snowflake that you think you are? Not every place of discussion online has to be an outlet for you to express your inner creativity with an elaborate avatar. This is a forum for technical discussions, first and foremost, and having gigantic avatars that are "industry standard" (wtf?) size adds nothing to that experience. In fact, most members would say (and have said) that it detracts.

Allowing users to customize their user-box displays is a great feature, and it's something that comes at the cost of not allowing avatars of all shapes and sizes. DSLR is the only forum that I know of that allows such robust control of the layout. The fact that you would rather have large avatars instead of that feature is insane.
--
»[Info] The DSLR Orangeface extension 2.0!

Insight6

join:2012-08-25
said by Weirdal:

Resorting to insults after being given a perfectly logical explanation. You are the worst.

Have you tried taking a step back and realizing that you are not the beautiful, unique snowflake that you think you are? Not every place of discussion online has to be an outlet for you to express your inner creativity with an elaborate avatar. This is a forum for technical discussions....[by Insight: LOL, sorry, I can't go on quoting anymore. Technical discussion like your post. OK. I sincerely hope you continue to enjoy the site and all of its features.]

Are you familiar with the psychological concept of projection? No? Yes? If not you should look it up and learn it.