*Reviewed*

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
If you don't know what the benefit of a static IP is... you don't need one. Simple as that.

It's most useful if you're running a server of some kind or want to remotely connect to your computer, without having to resort to a dynamic DNS solution.

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB
reply to crushingit
Honestly, best part about static is no port restrictions and no throttling. To get a static you have to have a server/biz plan and providers usually don't monitor that side of things. Plus the added bonus of a guaranteed IP that won't change, which works great for a mail server .

crushingit

join:2012-10-07
Courtenay, BC

1 edit
*Revised*

rustydusty

Red Deer County, AB
reply to crushingit
Well I pay $110 for my 25x2.5 with 2 static's and basic cable with Shaw and absolutely love it. No ports blocked, so I can run a proper mail server. What you want to pay is up to you. I have no problem paying what I do for the quality I get. I doubt I will go back to residential after switching to the biz side.

crushingit

Courtenay, BC
*REVISED*

rustydusty

Red Deer County, AB
reply to crushingit
What?

JammerMan79
Premium,VIP
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC
kudos:10
said by rustydusty:

What?

What you said.... and raise you a "huh?"
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

crushingit

Courtenay, BC
*rELvIsED*

JammerMan79
Premium,VIP
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC
kudos:10
ahhh... I read the other thread you posted in..
»[BC] Slow speeds in evenings
the posts in this thread look like you translated with google or something.....
The other thread reads as if you wrote it yourself.
If that's the case, just post yourself, your English is better than the automatic translation
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.