uniqs
share rss forum feed

zed260
Premium
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
reply to CharterTech

Re: [HSI] Users may experience slower connection speeds if torre

well karl bode is contacting charters pr department for comment ill post here if/when i hear anything from him about a response

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 edits
thanks zed and karl. i'm sure ISP's already do such things and it is technically feasible, my only question is where and when did this become a publicly stated policy. most ISP's do this type of throttling without it becoming officially known, so it often remains anecdotal to the person posting about it.

for example my own experience suggests that Verizon-DSL does not throttle but TWCable does, and once you VPN on TWCable the throttle disappears. however I can't find a clearly stated policy from either ISP on what triggers the throttle for how long, etc. wikipedia has such information but it's user edited and out dated with nothing official to base it on.

INtheKnow

@charter.com
reply to zed260
Once again this guy is spouting off things that he obviously either has incorect info or a ulterior motive.
I've not heard anything about this so i would disreguard it as false info. I also would not recomend the download copyrighted material illeagaly.