share rss forum feed

bestjsg

join:2002-03-13
Markham, Ont
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Rogers money back guarantee ?

HI Everyone,

Anyone know if Rogers has any kind of money back guarantee policy ? like if I use the service for 30 days and I am not happy I can cancel anytime without penalty and advance notice..etc?

I just installed mine few days ago based on their website saying that my throttling has been removed in my area, but turned out that they actually still throttle my p2p, thinking to just cancel it right away.

thanks!

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

2 edits
said by bestjsg:

I just installed mine few days ago based on their website saying that my throttling has been removed in my area, but turned out that they actually still throttle my p2p, thinking to just cancel it right away.

You'll probably be subject to their 30 day cancellation policy but maybe not:

»www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/en/Pages/C···act.aspx

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to bestjsg
said by bestjsg:

HI Everyone,

Anyone know if Rogers has any kind of money back guarantee policy ? like if I use the service for 30 days and I am not happy I can cancel anytime without penalty and advance notice..etc?

thanks!

Yes they do, you can cancel within 30 days of the activation date without any charges whatsoever and without having to give any notice.

RogersWatch

join:2012-10-02
reply to bestjsg
I can say that for the cellphone side of their business, Rog has what's called a "Buyer's Remorse" policy. (For cellies, it's 15 days or 30 mins talktime, whichever comes first).

For cable, it appears to be 30 days per:
»www.rogers.com/web/content/suppo···e-policy

"Return Policy

If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return the product as follows: (a) wireless devices within 15 days from the date of activation with less than 30 minutes of airtime used (see “Cancelling an Order ” below for further details), (b) wireless accessories within 15 days of purchase, and (c) all other products within 30 days of purchase. [...]"

It doesn't specifically state that you get your money back, but the section would otherwise make little sense unless it intended that (and also, the section about cellphones is exactly congruent with what Rog says about the money-back, BR policy for cellies, here: »www.rogers.com/web/content/iphone4-faq )

If you want to grease the wheels of occasionally obdurate obstructionism which you might encounter were you to employ this cancel manoeuvre, try this tactic:
- call into Rog's sales section for whatever product you want to cancel
- act like a sales prospect, not an already-existing customer -- tell them that you're interested in whatever you had previously ordered, but are unsure if you need/want it, and want to know if they have any trials or money-back thingies
- if rep tells you about something that would let you cancel and get back all your cake, then 'uncloak' and tell the rep that you are an existing customer and so wish to cancel ... it's tough for the rep to put up any new roadblocks after selling you on how easy it is to cancel : )

Good luck!

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
There's no need to do any of that. Rogers offers a 30 day money back guarantee for residential products. As a former Rogers employee, I've personally witnessed many customers cancel without issue under this policy.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to bestjsg
It's never to late to launch a multi-billion dollar lawsuit against Rogers for throttling. In most other countries it would also be a criminal lawsuit not class action.

VHS

join:2008-11-17
kudos:1
reply to bestjsg
yes its true, you can cancel within 30 days with no penalty. I asked a couple of CSRs back in march the same question when I signed up for internet as I was signing a 1yr contract and was afraid the speeds may be slow in my area.

shaincruz

join:2012-10-10
reply to bestjsg
thank's

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to ChuckcZar
said by ChuckcZar :

It's never to late to launch a multi-billion dollar lawsuit against Rogers for throttling. In most other countries it would also be a criminal lawsuit not class action.

Theres really no point, as it would turn into a class action - Only the first person in the suit would really get anything, and the bulk of the win would go to the lawyers. I was contacted by 2 lawyers who wanted me to sue them, but its just stupidity as the CRTC was going to force Rogers into fixing things anyways.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

bestjsg

join:2002-03-13
Markham, Ont
reply to bestjsg
FYI , they said they should have fixed it but unfortunately not in my case.

»Rogers throttling p2p even though it says they don't