I hate smartassery on forums
Premium Member
join:2005-05-02
us

Modus to Badger3k

Premium Member

to Badger3k

Re: IT Forums

hardforum, asp.net, microsoft, vmware, fogproject, dell, petri, msexchange and spiceworks (sometimes)

Why do you ask? does it seem dead around here

Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium Member
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH

Badger3k

Premium Member

said by Modus:

No, but with the latest NAC outage it's nice to have a backup plan.

Black Box
join:2002-12-21

Black Box to Modus

to Modus
said by Modus:

hardforum, asp.net, microsoft, vmware, fogproject, dell, petri, msexchange and spiceworks (sometimes)

I don't post much here, but yes. At least when comparing to pre- first outage.

Modus
I hate smartassery on forums
Premium Member
join:2005-05-02
us

Modus

Premium Member

yeah i noticed also

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to Black Box

Premium Member

to Black Box
I post things things here when I want input from people who are of a higher caliber than what most of the large-scale tech sites have. I am sick to death of the "polite" responders who don't speak English as a first language, quote your entire message, and ask something stupid that was clearly included in the original post...as well as the idiots who post "Let me know if you find out!"

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

said by DC DSL:

I post things things here when I want input from people who are of a higher caliber than what most of the large-scale tech sites have. I am sick to death of the "polite" responders who don't speak English as a first language, quote your entire message, and ask something stupid that was clearly included in the original post...as well as the idiots who post "Let me know if you find out!"

A few of the MS forums I look at are like that. They'll re-post the entire question, provide some generic answer, sometimes not even related to the question, and repeat their post two or three times using the same exact verbiage in their first post.

I can't stand crap like that. I almost always come here for help when the problem is bigger or just turn to my other admins when it is something small.