Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: Analyzing Security Implications of URL Shortening Services

Thanks for the info, as it's quite interesting. I'm not a Twithead, and don't do social media. As per a previous thread, I'm a terrorist or other malcontent it seems.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

+1

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to Juggernaut

Premium Member

to Juggernaut
Twitter outage caused by human error, domain briefly yanked
CNET has learned a Twitter outage that left millions of users fuming when they couldn't click on links came from an unlikely source: a "phishing complaint" sent to an Australian firm.

»news.cnet.com/8301-1023_ ··· -yanked/

Twitter taken down by Down Under

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· -hNXXy6I

wapu
Broadband Ranger
Premium Member
join:2001-09-05
Albion, NY

wapu to Juggernaut

Premium Member

to Juggernaut
said by Juggernaut:

Thanks for the info, as it's quite interesting. I'm not a Twithead, and don't do social media. As per a previous thread, I'm a terrorist or other malcontent it seems.

What about subscribing to RSS feeds? Or email lists? How about having a forum email you? Do those things make someone a twit?

You don't have to tweet to be on twitter. Use it like a 140 character RSS feed for things that are interesting. I follow a few comedians, sports networks, Wired and news mostly, but not a single person I actually know. I can scroll through the feed on my phone on the way to the bathroom, stay up to date and waste minimal time.

Twitter is a tool and like most tools, there are many ways to effectively use it.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

said by wapu:

What about subscribing to RSS feeds? Or email lists? How about having a forum email you? Do those things make someone a twit?

Aren't you taking this a tad personally? BTW, I said Twithead.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to wapu

Premium Member

to wapu
Although there was a study that claimed 10% tweet while sitting on Twyfords and the French have a bathroom scale with will twit your weight to all your readers..most of us are much too busy catching up on the required reading.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Visiting us soon?

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
Home of the Ogopogo
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to wapu

Premium Member

to wapu
But why do you care? You are a twithead no matter how you receive tweets. It is a profoundly stupid way to waste time IMO. I "waste" my time coming to this site. At least, I learn important things here about computer security, privacy issues, etc. Twitter consists of people with inflated egos who actually think others want to know when they had their last bowel movement. As for technical folks on Twitter, I prefer to wait until they are able to put their thoughts into a coherent blog or forum post, etc. not some dumb ass tweet that is artificially limited as to the length of the tweet.

StuartMW
Premium Member

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

Twitter consists of people with inflated egos who actually think others want to know when they had their last bowel movement.

+1

FB (and similar) have the same problem.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
Why do you care what wapu cares ? Can you do the fox-trot ?
Never seen any egos on twitter..takes more than 140 character to get your 'fix'.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20

Premium Member

I guess somehow you are out of touch with reality. You didn't know there are a lot of so called "celebrities" (read trashy types) on Twitter and that they all have gigantic egos? Gee.

As to the fox trot...I don't know if I can recall those steps. Used to be a whiz at ballroom dancing of all kinds...but sciatica takes its toll as I age.

StuartMW
Premium Member

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

You didn't know there are a lot of so called "celebrities" (read trashy types) on Twitter and that they all have gigantic egos?

I've always wondered why people listen to celebrities about anything (twitter or otherwise). However they do. Evidently famous people are intellectually superior to the rest of us. Then again maybe not.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

1 recommendation

Juggernaut

Premium Member

No, they just have people tweet for them. It connects with the masses, and keeps those $$$ rolling in.

"OMG, they're a regular person too!" comes to mind. There are a few that do very good things though.

StuartMW
Premium Member

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

LOL. In that case I'll have "my people" follow "their people's" tweets

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

I'll have my people follow your people, and then we can share the 'other' people.

StuartMW
Premium Member

StuartMW

Premium Member

quote:
People who need have people are the luckiest people in the world.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

2 recommendations

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Stop that! Or, I'll break out in song. It won't be pretty...

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

I guess somehow you are out of touch with reality. You didn't know there are a lot of so called "celebrities" (read trashy types) on Twitter and that they all have gigantic egos? Gee.

As to the fox trot...I don't know if I can recall those steps. Used to be a whiz at ballroom dancing of all kinds...but sciatica takes its toll as I age.

Naw..I don't read those magazines either..not even waiting at the checkout lanes..too busy tweeting nastygrams.

StuartMW
Premium Member

StuartMW

Premium Member

Come on now. We all know you look at, and then put back, all the magazines that have stuff about Lindsay Loser Lohan

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

I only buy the mags that have the scratch n' sniff stuff.

»imgc.allpostersimages.co ··· toon.jpg

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

1 recommendation

Juggernaut

Premium Member

You read Cosmo?