Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to NetFixer

Re: Speed increase for businss starter - northeast

said by NetFixer:

But today, ShaperProbe and SamKnows show this for my 12/2 connection:

Did you power cycle? In San Jose CA, I am still showing:

Upstream: Burst size: 3273-3838 KB; Shaping rate: 2128 Kbps.
Downstream: Burst size: 19048-20179 KB; Shaping rate: 12768 Kbps.

which is the sad old speeds
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

rmdir

join:2003-03-13
Chicago, IL

I'm definitely seeing better speeds here at work in Chicago using ShaperProbe. Will try at home tonight before I power cycle the gateway so I have a better idea, plus we only have 12/2 at work.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to JohnInSJ

said by JohnInSJ:

said by NetFixer:

But today, ShaperProbe and SamKnows show this for my 12/2 connection:

Did you power cycle? In San Jose CA, I am still showing:

Upstream: Burst size: 3273-3838 KB; Shaping rate: 2128 Kbps.
Downstream: Burst size: 19048-20179 KB; Shaping rate: 12768 Kbps.

which is the sad old speeds

Yes, I power cycled my SB6121 and my SamKnows TL-WR1043ND box last night to make sure that some problems I had experienced several weeks ago with the SamKnows box had indeed been fixed, and I noticed that the SamKnows throughput results had gotten higher overnight. Those higher average throughput results have continued throughout the day.

An additional ShaperProbe test that I just ran:

said by ShaperProbe :
DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 38.107.216.34.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 11129 Kbps.
Downstream: 95737 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Burst size: 4615-4909 KB;
Shaping rate: 3173 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 9251-10130 KB;
Shaping rate: 17024 Kbps.

For more information, visit: »www.cc.gatech.edu/~partha/diffprobe

and also the ICSI Netalyzr test:

seem to point to the new 12/2 --> 16/3 speed tier change having been implemented at this location. I suspect that this is something that is being individually done at each franchise, so it probably won't happen at the same time everywhere in Comcast's footprint. FWIW, I do not see any evidence of a new config file having been installed in my SB6121 log display page, but I am not sure if that is even displayed with the SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.6-SCM00-NOSH SB61xx firmware.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

kublai

@comcast.net
reply to JohnInSJ

I just rebooted my modem and got my speed boost. I'm downloading at a constant 2MB down. I'm in Memphis, TN.

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
reply to NetFixer

said by NetFixer:

FWIW, I do not see any evidence of a new config file having been installed in my SB6121 log display page, but I am not sure if that is even displayed with the SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.6-SCM00-NOSH SB61xx firmware.

The only time I've seen the config file for my SB6120 show up in the log was during/after the 1.0.3.3 -> 1.0.6.6 upgrade. No amount of resets/reboots with either firmware got it to show up again. Here's when I saw it during the firmware upgrade, although that was when I had 50/10. I have no idea what the 22/5 one is named.

I did a reset/reboot a few minutes ago to see if the new speeds made it here yet. Unfortunately, no. Good to see that you got it though, I wasn't expecting them to roll it out until later (when companies say "by X month", I always assume at the very end of that timeframe ).
--
KI6RIT