NJBoricua75
Born And Raised

join:2000-09-13
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Pirate515

Re: [iO] WPIX News Ratings Fall Precipitously During Blackout

said by Pirate515:

said by Wyldfox:

Called support for a different reason today, and we started to talk about Cablevision vs. Tribune. Apparently there is no closer settlement. He said that Tribune wants the channels they've taken from us to be pay channels like HBO...and I'm quoting him. They're CRAZY!

One of my co-workers heard something similar. Allegedly, if they cannot come to an agreement within a month or so, Cablevision will indeed bring it back as a la carte subscription, so those who REALLY want it back and are willing to pay for it will be able to get it. Hopefully the extremely low subscriber numbers will drive the point across, especially when most if not all of their content is available by other means for free and legally.

Oh man I'm so pissed. I didn't care for WPIX but I loved Antenna TV. I'm thinking about picking up one of those cheap ass indoor antennas from Radio Shack. Will that do? Anyone have experience with them? Will it be able to pull a strong enough ATSC signal? I live in a building. I'm sad. I want my Antenna TV back

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

Assuming that your TV has a QAM tuner, I'd say you'd have a very good shot at picking it up from Brooklyn. If your building is old enough, it might still have an antenna on the roof and it might just be a matter of connecting your TV to the antenna connection in your apartment.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28

You could also look into something like »www.aereo.com to obtain missing broadcast TV signals.