spc
uniqs

AnonPerson
join:2000-08-26
Lexington, KY

AnonPerson to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: Devil's advocate

You need to face it, at this point your argument is garbage. If my grandmother has her router security set to WEP, and her neighbor easily cracks the password then uses her internet for piracy, is she really a criminal?

If my same grandmother who knows nothing about technology leaves her router's wireless wide open, then her neighbor uses her wireless to download music. Is she really a criminal?

According to what you've stated, she is practically dealing meth from her living room. Come on, do you proof-read the things you type?

In this particular situation she isn't *allowing* anybody to use her router. They just are. No different than if you were on vacation and a drug dealer broke into your house and sold drugs out of your living room.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by AnonPerson:

You need to face it, at this point your argument is garbage. If my grandmother has her router security set to WEP, and her neighbor easily cracks the password then uses her internet for piracy, is she really a criminal?

WEP might as well use nothing. Anyways who said anything about criminal? If you are being taken into court over copyright infringement that's CIVIL case. Perhaps you should brush up on your civics before posting.

AnonPerson
join:2000-08-26
Lexington, KY

AnonPerson

said by 88615298 See Profile
WEP might as well use nothing. Anyways who said anything about criminal? If you are being taken into court over copyright infringement that's CIVIL case. Perhaps you should brush up on your civics before posting.

You made the correlation between somebody who's internet get unknowingly used, and somebody that knowingly allows a drug dealer to sell out of their house. The ladder clearly being a criminal act. So you are the one that mentioned criminal actions, which is why I then mentioned it. Before you get overly hostile with people on an internet forum, take the time to re-read your previous posts so you can remember what you typed to other people. There is no reason to be so negative.

And yes, WEP is basically nothing. Which is clearly why I mentioned it. Do you think my grandmother knows that WEP "security" isn't very secure? Nope. Should she be grouped into your same category as drug dealers, or somebody that allows drug dealers to sell from her living room? Nope.