share rss forum feed

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to claudiubotez

Re: File-Detection Test September 2012 -released

bummer..its a pdf and right now I am not trusting adobe...
hope your favorities won last month. How about a synopsis ?

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

said by Name Game:

There are others... what about using Foxit, Nitro, or Sumatra as alternatives to Adobe?
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

HarryH3
Premium
join:2005-02-21
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

1 recommendation

reply to Name Game
I kicked Adobe to the curb a couple of years ago. (I never understood why updating the freakin' pdf reader should require a system reboot!) So far, Foxit Reader has been quite suitable as a replacement.

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

2 recommendations

reply to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

said by Name Game:

There are others... what about using Foxit, Nitro, or Sumatra as alternatives to Adobe?

Actually i have read it..just don't want to hear again about that webroot stuff.

»www.wilderssecurity.com/showthre···t=333713
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to Name Game
Click for full size
Another one that I think is tops for being plain and simple document viewer is Evince.
• PDF
• Postscript
• djvu
• tiff
• dvi
• XPS
• SyncTex support with gedit
• comics books (cbr,cbz,cb7 and cbt)
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

reply to Name Game
said by NameGame :

Actually i have read it..just don't want to hear again about that webroot stuff.

»www.wilderssecurity.com/showthre···t=333713

Fair enough. I almost forgot who the OP was.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Dustyn
Yes, I've been a happy Windows user of Evince for some time now. But I have to use an older version. The current one causes a lockup of itself and then freezes the computer resulting in a forced shut down of the computer. It doesn't like my Samsung Smart TV's 300+ page manual for some weird reason. But the old version likes it just fine.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit
reply to Dustyn
Wish that one could do XDP format. Had to print one of those the other day to get absentee ballot from S.C. Downloaded an older version of Acrobum Reader..then promptly uninstalled it after the deed was done.