DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

1 edit

DrStrangLov to dbirdman

to dbirdman

Re: [Exede] Exede and DSL

Click for full size
said by dbirdman:

DrStrangLov, your posts probably only sound impressive if the person reading has never had a DSL line.

Care to examine the facts what has been reported?

Measuring Broadband America

A Report on Consumer Wireline Broadband Performance in the U.S

»transition.fcc.gov/cgb/m ··· Full.pdf

PS: Move out in the sticks...and report back.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman

MVM

said by DrStrangLov:

said by dbirdman:

DrStrangLov, your posts probably only sound impressive if the person reading has never had a DSL line.

Care to examine the facts what has been reported?

Did you note that I said my 6meg line ran 5megs steady? That's 83%, and it is truly sustained. Not exactly far from the 80-82% overall that AT&T tested at.

150GB per month allowance.
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov

said by dbirdman:

Did you note that I said...

Go live in rural America...city folks ain't got standing on how DSL works out here.

AT&T does not fix it, no upgraded DSL equipment in smaller cities...if it works, it works.

Larger companies, like they did years ago with telephone industry, went after the big bucks. They by-passed the smaller communities, and left them to the "independents."

Money, picking the low hanging fruit in larger cities.

That's why ViaSat and Hughes plan on selling to those with inferior quality DSL.

Inferior quality DSL it exists...go ahead, move out into rural America, and feel the pain....crap service.

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda

Anon

id go without internet if my choices were satellite. latency that high you mite as well lol.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman to DrStrangLov

MVM

to DrStrangLov
said by DrStrangLov:

said by dbirdman:

Did you note that I said...

Go live in rural America...city folks ain't got standing on how DSL works out here.

You think I'm "city folk?" I must admit you gave me a good laugh. I live where we call "behind the redwood curtain." That has a lot of elements, but it particularly means limited goods and services. No cities of any consequence, very limited population over hundreds of square miles. Narrow highways that are often blocked in the three possible directions of departure by inclement weather. Often the highest gas prices in the 48 states except for Death Valley.

It is true that AT&T finally got fiber in here a few years ago (single run), but for many years we were piped out by microwave over 150 miles of mountains, and my 6 meg DSL (and T-1) date back to several years of that era.