Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to garys_2k

Re: Backpack Leaf Blower Suggestions, Please

I have an Echo PB755H which was the top of the line Echo model a few years ago with the same size engine. I love it.

The 770 you are looking at has an even greater CFM air volume, but the throttle is mounted on the airtube, (which I don't particularly like)

Get the most powerful blower you can afford, wet leaves twigs and sticks will slow you down with a lesser machine.

Do your self a favor, and stick with top-end synthetic 2-cycle oil mix and only use premium 93 octane gas. All I ever use is Amsoil Saber Professional 100-1, mixed at 50-1.

»www.amsoil.com/storefront/atp.aspx

It's all I use in all my 2 cycle stuff, blowers, trimmers, chain saws, dirt bikes! One mix does it all!
--
~Help Find a Cure for Cancer~
~Proud Member of Team Discovery ~

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
said by jack b:

I have an Echo PB755H which was the top of the line Echo model a few years ago with the same size engine. I love it.

The 770 you are looking at has an even greater CFM air volume, but the throttle is mounted on the airtube, (which I don't particularly like)

I also have a top of the line Echo from a few years back (PB650H). I bought it from the local pro shop and while I don't remember why, I do remember that they didn't recommend the throttle on the airtube. I would recommend this one if your local Home Depot can get it.

»www.homedepot.com/buy/echo-234-m···NlZVthaQ

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT
reply to jack b
said by jack b:

Do your self a favor, and stick with top-end synthetic 2-cycle oil mix and only use premium 93 octane gas.

Side-note: why? It's not a sports engine, 93 octane will not perform any different unless the manufacturer asks for it.

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
Echo requires 89 or higher in it's gasoline powered units. I'll take the added anti-knock insurance I get with premium.

For only a couple of more pennies that it costs I feel they run better.
--
~Help Find a Cure for Cancer~
~Proud Member of Team Discovery ~

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by jack b:

Echo requires 89 or higher in it's gasoline powered units. I'll take the added anti-knock insurance I get with premium.

For only a couple of more pennies that it costs I feel they run better.

Just note mixing oil into the gas lowers it octane value about 2 octane. It requires 89 because when oil is mixed it becomes 87.

primeomega

join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI
reply to cowboyro
said by cowboyro:

said by jack b:

Do your self a favor, and stick with top-end synthetic 2-cycle oil mix and only use premium 93 octane gas.

Side-note: why? It's not a sports engine, 93 octane will not perform any different unless the manufacturer asks for it.

it's not reall the octane you have to watch, just make sure it's ethanol free gas. Around here, you can really only find ethanol free gas in 93 oct level.

You will find that it runs and starts better and you will have way less service issues.

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
said by primeomega:

it's not reall the octane you have to watch, just make sure it's ethanol free gas. Around here, you can really only find ethanol free gas in 93 oct level.

You will find that it runs and starts better and you will have way less service issues.

You know, you just gave me the simplest/best solution to my dislike of having to drain all my gas powered tools when I put them in long term storage (And when we have a drought like this year and I end not not using my lawn mower for 2 months but I never prepped it for long term).

I didn't think of the fact that 93 oct usually has no ethanol.
Considering lawn mowers, snow throwers, hedge trimmers, etc barely use any fuel, the cost of 93 oct vs. 87 oct is practically a couple of dollars a year vs. the trouble of not letting fuel sit in my tools too long.

Heck, I can even leave a couple of liters in my generator so I can run a monthly test without having to put in a cup of fuel and letting it run dry (Which I feel might be bad for the engine).

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT
reply to primeomega
said by primeomega:

said by cowboyro:

said by jack b:

Around here there is no ethanol-free gas. None.