Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to claudiubotez

Re: File-Detection Test September 2012 -released

Things.

1st) AVComp ran false pos tests for Qihoo and Tencent; but their products are absent from the primary report. ???

2nd) I'd like to have seen how Emsisoft (a-squared) rated but it was not to be.

3rd) Scans for commercial keyloggers - and - FP results for admin tools would take these results into the Real-World-Usefulness category.

4th) I have to take these comparison tests with a big grain of salt - they just never align w/ my experience.

Case in point is a submission I made yesterday.
Jotti
VirusTotal
VirScan (zipped sample)

This isn't an obscure bug. It's a Black Hole Java Exploit, that's been well documented since early July.
Yet about half of the top performers don't detect it (Avira detected it 1st BTW).

Over time, my real-life submissions should trend similar to the comparison reports; but they don't.
My 0day submissions aren't even close (except for G-Data, they rock).

Summary: My mileage is very vary.
--
Campaign contributions influence laws through a process called bribery.

IBK10

join:2012-10-10

3 recommendations

"AVComp ran false pos tests for Qihoo and Tencent; but their products are absent from the primary report. ???"

Qihoo and Tencent products are available in Chinese only. Therefore, you can find them in the Chinese report (in which some products which do not exist in China are absent).
What you call primary report is the international report which contains products available in English language.

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by IBK10:

explanation

Thank you for the explanation.
--
Campaign contributions influence laws through a process called bribery.