Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

AMDUSER

Premium Member

[Rant] Lazy UPS drivers...

Well, UPS is up to another one of its tricks again in my neigborhood..
I was expecting several packages to be delivered this week, and I checked the online tracking for a package that arrived yesterday [Tuesday]- well; when I checked on the UPS website, it said it was delivered on Monday...

There was also another package, that said it was delivered, [on UPS website] yesterday- yet no where to be found.. checked with the neighbors, they don't have it. It is also not hidden by the shrubs in front of my house.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the driver was scanning the packages as delivered, and dropping them off the next day..

I'm currently waiting for them to show up today-- then I will be calling UPS about the delivery driver.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

I experience that with USPS, and their poor tracking. Packages with USPS are scanned and marked as "delivered" (scan time is even around the time when the USPS driver delivers our mail), yet the item doesn't show up until the next day.

AMDUSER
Premium Member
Earth,

AMDUSER

Premium Member

I would call the post office in your area about that... I've had that happen before too. Its amazing how fast they come back out.. with the package, after speaking to a manager..

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by AMDUSER:

I would call the post office in your area about that... I've had that happen before too. Its amazing how fast they come back out.. with the package, after speaking to a manager..

Post office manager is an idiot. I went to open a PO Box once for a business and explained to him that my business is an LLC. He had no idea what it was, made some rude comments to his buddies, and was very insulting.

I pity him and his ignorance.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to AMDUSER

Premium Member

to AMDUSER
I had something delivered from Apple by FedEx...it said it was out for delivery for a day or so, then back to the plant..a couple days later, it said "Held for Pick-Up". I got not a single notice from them, just me keeping an eye on the tracking. When I went down to their plant to ask what was going on, they seemed confused why it was never delivered.

Cthen
Premium Member
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

Cthen to AMDUSER

Premium Member

to AMDUSER
You have to keep in mind that these companies know damn well you have only 3 choices for delivery. They also that know most of the companies you receive packages from are contracted to use their service.

All they have to do is say "What are you going to do? Go to FedEx who isn't any better?"
Expand your moderator at work

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to AMDUSER

Premium Member

to AMDUSER

Re: [Rant] Lazy UPS drivers...

Everyone also needs to remember that UPS and FedEx deliver millions of packages every day successfully with zero error and on time. And most of the problems that people experience with deliveries is their fault, and not the carrier's. Be home if a signature is required. make sure your house number is clearly visible from the street. Keep animals out of the front yard. Keep the path to your door safe and clutter free. Shovel snow if present. Make sure the shipper has your address correct. And lastly, the carrier works for the shipper, not the receiver. If there is a problem with your delivery you'll probably get better and faster service if you contact the shipper and have them contact the carrier.
cahiatt
Premium Member
join:2001-03-21
Smyrna, GA

cahiatt to AMDUSER

Premium Member

to AMDUSER
said by AMDUSER:

Well, UPS is up to another one of its tricks again in my neigborhood..

They pulled the same thing at my office on Monday. Had two packages I was expecting. Both said they were out for delivery then magically at noon it said they were going to be delivered the next day due to "business closed for holiday". Driver never even came by.

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3 to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
Bull. We did all that at a business and the driver still did what he wanted, including forgery.

AMDUSER
Premium Member
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

1 edit

AMDUSER to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
There was no signature required for the shipment... UPS has been to my house a few times w/o any problems before [ ordering from Newegg before.] I contacted Crutchfield.. where I ordered from, and they put a trace on the package, and went ahead and shipped a second one.
[They also said to refuse the package if the 1st package shows up..which is doubtful, and I'm sure they are going to be filing with UPS for the insurance to pay for the second shipment.]

It appears UPS seems to be doing this quite often, based on this 'The Consumerist' article: »consumerist.com/2012/10/ ··· y-house/
Edit: More information..

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Bamafan2277 to cahiatt

Premium Member

to cahiatt
UPS did that to a package I was expecting monday from Amazon. Then mysteriously I got a email from Amazon saying it was delivered and opened my door and there it sat. UPS tracking said delivered on tuesday.

Then yesterday they delivered a package to my apt complex office after the office told them they dont accept packages for me the driver came back after the office was closed and left it on their doorstep. The apt manager brought it to me that evening and UPS had left a door tag on my door saying it was left at the office.

DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium Member
join:2003-01-29
united state

DannyZ to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
USPS scans the package as delivered when it arrives at the local Post Office that handles the delivery to the address. If it comes in early enough it can be delivered same day, but in your case it sounds as if the scheduled arrival from the sorting center comes too late for that day's delivery.

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show
join:2000-01-05
Lynn, MA

Madness to AMDUSER

to AMDUSER
Knock-on-wood, I've had a lot of success w/ both UPS & the USPS (& even that Lasership from Amazon). Last two UPS shipments were a Newegg order & DVDs from the Warner Archive. Both were presented to me in person.