All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CRAZIES

join:2012-10-10

No more unlimited?

I was thinking of switching to techsavvy unlimited internet package so I called rogers to cancel since you have to give them a month notice, when I tried to cancel the rogers rep told me that in month time due to a ruling crtc or something that unlimited internet will be gone. Is this true?

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2
no

lawrenson

join:2012-02-22
reply to CRAZIES
The CRTC doesn't regulate how services are offered at the consumer level. ISPs are free to offer unlimited usage or impose caps if they want.

As far as Rogers is concerned though, there is no such thing as unlimited internet. They charge their own customers for usage, they charge ISPs for capacity, everything is good in their world.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to CRAZIES
Simply no, he's lying.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to CRAZIES
Add another "They lied" response to the pile...

El Quintron
I dunno, lemme check my trollodex
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by bt:

Add another "They lied" response to the pile...

Exactly because you know, someone from Rogers wouldn't give you a self serving answer would they?
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

DanteX

join:2010-09-09
reply to CRAZIES
Remember Rogers does not have to tell the truth because Free speech allows them to lie and not back up their words with facts

CRAZIES

join:2012-10-10
reply to CRAZIES
I though rogers was lying I don't remember seeing anything on the news about this and I visit this forum regularly. They offer me a express package at regular price but with a bandwidth limit 300 to match tech savy when I said no thanks they told me that(my current package of extreme plus with the discount i'm getting is cheaper then what their offering). I told them i have to check if its true before I called back.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to El Quintron
Yup. Only issue is if Rogers is yet again able to lobby for a new tariff with even higher costs which then might force TekSavvy to implement caps.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to CRAZIES
Rogers and Bell have no business commenting on other providers plans, or what is available or not.

That line was a flat our LIE and they had no business making those claims, no matter how big of an invested interest they may have.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to CRAZIES
It is not lying if the rep doesn't know any better. He is just passing along the truth as he is aware it is.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to DanteX
said by DanteX:

Remember Rogers does not have to tell the truth because Free speech allows them to lie and not back up their words with facts

Um, no.

This would be a company operating in bad faith. There are various laws to protect people against... fraud and deceit. But no one ever complains. And those is a position to do anything really don't care.

You can find various things on this via whatever provincial consumer laws you have, fed laws and on the competition bureaus website.

And once you do file a complaint + submit the recording you should have taken (and it gets ignored) you have to create a website to ridicule the company.

So I don't know what "free speech laws" you are referring to when it comes to this. It just plainly does not exist.

However, the government (both provincial and federal) who ignore the complaints (if a complaint is even made) very much ignore people.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
said by hm :

So I don't know what "free speech laws" you are referring to when it comes to this. It just plainly does not exist.

He's taking a sarcastic shot at Rogers over this: »Rogers: Correcting Our Inaccurate Ads Violates Our Free Speech

hm

@videotron.ca
ah. Yeah I was thinking the same but figured he thought it went through. I missed the sarcasm.