share rss forum feed

LightS
Premium
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX
reply to KrK

Re: Fair warning! 3rd party purchase of U-verse IPDSLAM modem

said by KrK:

Answer: The firmware is not available in an off-line package that can be used on that page, it is only made available via network push.

And this was clearly by design. Engineered obsolescence and control. Buy from us, and us only--- at whatever price we dictate.... or worse, we won't sell it, and charge you a monthly rental fee.

Honestly: This type of crap ought to be illegal.

I agree. It's a huge load of BS, & David continues to avoid that. It's obviously available, they just choose to not make it available. This is why I will never have AT&T again until they change their shoddy business practices.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

2 edits
said by LightS:

I agree. It's a huge load of BS, & David continues to avoid that. It's obviously available, they just choose to not make it available. This is why I will never have AT&T again until they change their shoddy business practices.

I am not avoiding it I am just reporting it. From what I got the modems that are actually be affected isn't going to be a very large number.

Technically I didn't have to say or post anything at all, please keep that in mind.

--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
Appreciate the information, as now I'll know why my modem might not work next week.

Still wish AT&T would be more accepting of the third-party market. Not only does it save the customer some money (making them happier), it's also less wasteful. Tons of AT&T modems are sitting around in closets unused because they try to force brand new equipment on everyone.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!