share rss forum feed

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2
reply to AMDUSER

Re: [Rant] Lazy UPS drivers...

Everyone also needs to remember that UPS and FedEx deliver millions of packages every day successfully with zero error and on time. And most of the problems that people experience with deliveries is their fault, and not the carrier's. Be home if a signature is required. make sure your house number is clearly visible from the street. Keep animals out of the front yard. Keep the path to your door safe and clutter free. Shovel snow if present. Make sure the shipper has your address correct. And lastly, the carrier works for the shipper, not the receiver. If there is a problem with your delivery you'll probably get better and faster service if you contact the shipper and have them contact the carrier.

carpetshark3
Premium
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO
Bull. We did all that at a business and the driver still did what he wanted, including forgery.

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to thegeek
There was no signature required for the shipment... UPS has been to my house a few times w/o any problems before [ ordering from Newegg before.] I contacted Crutchfield.. where I ordered from, and they put a trace on the package, and went ahead and shipped a second one.
[They also said to refuse the package if the 1st package shows up..which is doubtful, and I'm sure they are going to be filing with UPS for the insurance to pay for the second shipment.]

It appears UPS seems to be doing this quite often, based on this 'The Consumerist' article: »consumerist.com/2012/10/10/so-i- ··· y-house/
Edit: More information..