spc
uniqs
Vicious
join:2008-06-19
Ellerslie, GA

Vicious to ggma1126

to ggma1126

Re: iphone 5, razr maxx, or samsung s3

I originally had the Droid Razr. I later moved up to the Maxx. I've had several Samsung phones, and I've always had reception issues with them. Everybody I know that has an iPhone drops calls while I am talking to them, so I believe that they suffer from the same troubles as Samsung. Not with either of the Razrs I have owned. The reception is crystal clear. To me, the Maxx is the best of the three. The battery lasts me 2 whole days before I have to charge again. It has ridiculously better battery life than I've ever gotten with any other smartphone. It is also rootable, with many custom roms for it if you are into that stuff. The only drawback is the locked bootloader that prevents you from flashing a custom kernal, but that's nit picking a little.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE

1 edit

ggma1126

Premium Member

I am leaning now towards either the Razr M or Razr HD no way do I get a Samsung as Every Samsung I had gave me problems in addition to the fact that the s 3 is so cheap looking and not well built with its plastic case . Going to the store tomorrow and check out both and will then decide. if anyone on here has either razr M or razr HD would like feedback thanks
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

eh, your choice. It will always be a Nexus for me .. pure Google, no crapware.
kevnich24
join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24 to ggma1126

to ggma1126
I have the razr M myself - works pretty good. Small and easy to use with one hand which I like while the screen is still pretty good size. Simultanious voice and data is also a plus for me. I've tried the S3 for about a week - wasn't my cup of tea. To me it felt too cheap and plasticy and I am definitely not a fan of the touch wiz on samsung. The new line of razr's on the other hand are almost pure stock ICS. Their removing all the non android stuff from the droid lines which is a big plus.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
Claymont, DE

ggma1126

Premium Member

Got the razor hd today not really much larger than the M really like it am still playing with it and finding my way around it is so much lighter in weight than my droid x it populated some of my apps but not all so am in process of re downloading the ones I want still trying to find an app that will notify me go upcoming appointments like I had with the droid x where a date widget had the day and upcoming appointments

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger

Premium Member

Best of luck with the new phone. In reality there are many good Smartphones available to buy just as there are many good cars to choose for purchase. Ultimately, the individual buyer has to be happy with what their choice and the reasons for their for choice. That's all that counts when it comes to choosing what to buy.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
Claymont, DE

ggma1126

Premium Member

said by Blogger:

Best of luck with the new phone. In reality there are many good Smartphones available to buy just as there are many good cars to choose for purchase. Ultimately, the individual buyer has to be happy with what their choice and the reasons for their for choice. That's all that counts when it comes to choosing what to buy.

I agree in the end when I went to the store and looked at them all (iphone , s3, razr m and razr hd) in reality it came down to what i am most comfortable with and having been on android for the last 2 years I prefer the fact that I can do more with the android