Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

[MoP] 15% Healing Nerf - Why?

Source: Arena Junkies Patch Notes

"Healing and shielding effects applied to players that have been involved in PvP combat are now reduced by 15%"

I just don't get it. Warriors and BM Huntards are globaling players while being immune to CC, but healing gets a nerf.

Where is the logic in this? There is already a 30% pvp healing nerf in place, and significant changes to mana conservation, why run anything but double/triple dps?

/end rant.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
I'll bet it has something to do with monks.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to Snuffbox
Maybe as people get more conq gear it will balance out. The increased healing and defense will outweigh the increased dps. Just my theory.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Snuffbox
What is this globaling I always hear about on the PVP crybaby posts on the official WoW forums?

is that the same as Alpha Strike in EVE?
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
said by Kearnstd:

What is this globaling I always hear about on the PVP crybaby posts on the official WoW forums?

is that the same as Alpha Strike in EVE?

I assume your serious in your question. A Global Cooldown is a base 1.5 seconds. So to "Globaling" means to kill someone in 1.5 seconds or less. Usualy 1 or 2 attacks.

It is an exageration for the most part. At full HP even in bad gear, no one of the same level is going to solo "Global you".

Usualy people will get killed in 2 or 3 global cooldowns and still cry that they got "Globaled", but it's not accurate. Also 2 or 3 enemies can together kill you with 1 global each.

A similar term to "Globaling" would be "One shotting"

Only difference is sometimes you can use more then one attack at a time. Like caster fireball and then cast followed by an insant cast and or on-use trinket ability, so they hit at the same time. It's still one global cooldown, but technicaly it's 2 shots.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Snuffbox
well one shot I understand.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Threatco
Globabling often is exaggerated, but there are troubles in pvp atm. There are CC's that are not operating in their intended manner. For instance hunter's scatter shot, is supposed to be a disorient(meaning breaks on damage) but currently a hunter can scatter, and dps for the entire duration of scatter, the only way out is to trinket and lol to that.

This is also the case with fear not ever breaking from damage, same for traps, and not sure if its intended or not but DK hungering cold 5 secsof free dps.. as far as I have witnessed. For people not rocking signifigant pvp gear this often means they die before they can perform any action hence claims of being globaled..

I can say though that healing bg's post nerf means If i get tuneled by more than one dps im dead..

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
reply to Snuffbox
Warriors need to be nerfed fucking hard in PvP, they're fucking retarded right now.

Arsinic

Ruffs Dale, PA
They can wait until my warrior, hunter pal and myself KFC to 2200 tonight if they are on!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

Warriors need to be nerfed fucking hard in PvP, they're fucking retarded right now.

...somebody is playing her lock...

Arsinic

Ruffs Dale, PA
If that were the case they'd be chaos bolting people for 300k and loling...

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
300,000 perhaps in full raid PvE gear crit with trinkets popped. In Felshroud its more akin to 175,000 at best against someone in equal gear unless you're stacking nothing but mastery and if you're doing that, without blowing a CD, and no one interrupts a three second cast, then deserve to get hit with it.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Snuffbox
sounds like i need to level my warrior then...

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

her

Lol, gets me every time.

said by Arsinic:

If that were the case they'd be chaos bolting people for 300k and loling...

I have a buddy that claims he bolted a Warrior for 455k earlier this week...those were all the details he gave me, but I can only assume this Warrior was either sub-90 and leveling, or a fresh 90 in quest gear.

Regardless, no one should be 1 shotting anyone...

said by Adalicia:

no one interrupts a three second cast, then deserve to get hit with it.

He is convinced that an autointerrupt addon is rampant in BGs, he says that he might get 2 or 3 bolts off a game, if he is lucky.

But, Ada is right, if you don't interrupt a 3 second cast you deserve to eat a facefull.

Same thing goes for Arc Mages...if you let me stand on my Rune of Power and cast 6 charge Arcane Blasts you deserve to eat the 250k that is comin' at ya.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
the implication here is a one-on-one situation. However, in BGs that only happens to people who are doing it wrong anyway... so... nuke away.

The times I get obliterated by a pyro is when I'm focusing the healer and some huge fireball come sailing in from the periphery... /sigh.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
Imagine if I unleashed 2x 6 charge Arcane Missiles on you...5 ticks each channel (10 total), 30k non-crits, 60k crits.

That's 360k damage assuming only two ticks crit...Not to mention the instant cast Arcane Barrage that would be immediately following the Missiles...I've seen them crit for 300k.

We're talking up to 700k damage in 4-5 seconds.

Arsinic

Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Snuffbox
I honestly believe this nerf is to control hybrids a bit better.. Hybrids like Ele Shamm, Boomkin, Spriest have ridiculous healing.. Hell the same hybrids aar ecapable of healing challenge modes whiel dpsing.. this is the intennded audience i believe.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
I agree that several hybrids have stupidly strong healing (especially self heals), but you can't apply a blanket healing nerf in an attempt to fix specific hybrid heals.

On the topic of Warriors/Huntards - Strong hitting abilities are absolutely fine and make the game interesting when they're counterable.

Warlock Chaos bolt hit me for 140k last night, but that's easily countered by setting the warlock as your focus and kicking each and every chaos bolt.

Warriors/Huntards are essentially unccable (It's a word) and requires no skill. Keyboard turning Warriors are hitting 2k right now.

Blizzard, #$(&ing fix it.

Cows

join:2010-02-27
reply to Snuffbox
I would guess it is mostly because DPS in PVP can use DMG reducing abilities and with some static healing ability seem unkillable. The nerf will hurt I get "x" amount of damage done back as health. Not too sure how much it will hurt healing but in BGS last night in tree i could still keep 6 ppl at full health.

BM hunter may get nerfed may not. In arena ATM if you are up against a BM hunter you kill and cc the pet not the hunter. Once more start using this strat they may not be so bad. if the qq keeps up they will likely nerf BM.

Warrior may get a nerf but it will be to Gag order not likely dmg.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

1 edit
said by Cows:

I would guess it is mostly because DPS in PVP can use DMG reducing abilities and with some static healing ability seem unkillable.

How many games have you stalled this season? None? DPS is doing juuust fine. Currently healers have both a healing nerf, and a mana nerf. IF the healers are keeping them up, they go oom and it's a matter of which healer has been more efficient. Games have not been 45 minutes in my experience so I strongly disagree with this.

said by Cows:

In arena ATM if you are up against a BM hunter you kill and cc the pet not the hunter.

Beastial Wrath - "The beast does not feel pity or remorse or fear and cannot be stopped" tell me how to CC that. All BM huntards should be using spirit beast with self heals and he has an instant Rez. As well as any decent healers will be healing the pet.

Berserker Rage + Avatar - "Removes and grants immunity to Fear, Sap and Incapacitate effects" & ""While transformed you are immunte to movement impairing effects"

Your only argument is Shiv/Tranq/Sooth to remove enrages which so many classes/comps do not have.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Snuffbox
nerfing self healing is a bad thing, I loved that feature of my Shadow Priest and my Enh Shaman can self heal rather well too. Makes for more exciting soloing of quest mobs in larger groups.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
Fortunately they don't balance this game around solo questing at all. So I don't believe that will be considered.

Either way, I'm not arguing for hybrid nerfs.

I'm simply frustrated that arena has turned into triple DPS or go home. This playstyle is tunnelvisioned and rewards baddies.

To be clear, I play both healers and DPS so this is not a "my class got nerfed" QQ thread.

Cows

reply to Snuffbox
The pet has about 250k health and dies very fast just need to kill it twice and CC healer. Also Pet AI is pretty bad as jumping off levels make him run a long way without doing dmg. But that's just what 2300+ teams are doing right now. Bestial wrath lasts 10 sec after that all other CC's are good to go. Avatar last 20sec and berserker rage is 6 sec so when they use a CD CC someone else or use a CD or play defensive and get out of a position where they can kill you.

As for getting Globaled in arena maybe vs 3 dps or are you talking BG's?

Arena's before were stupid when 3v3 games were 30min+ because healing was so good, they had to change something. I find that gag order making a warrior's interupt silence for 3 sec is going to go as its very op. Even with a warrior and a hunter on me i can still live through CDs and kite well, now if you add another I drop very fast as it should be.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
said by Cows:

The pet has about 250k health and dies very fast just need to kill it twice and CC healer. Also Pet AI is pretty bad as jumping off levels make him run a long way without doing dmg. But that's just what 2300+ teams are doing right now.

It's not nearly that simple.

250k health - while healer heals him, you're taking damage and blowing defensive CDs, all the while the Warrior and Huntard aren't having to use ANY defensive CD's and are all out offensive.

You kill the pet, and he's instant summoned with even more attention from the healer, who also hasn't had to blow any CD's because the pet has been focused.

With my warrior, I simply open with zerker and focus the healer (no, I'm not talking about BG's...) coordinating Beastial Wrath with the huntard and no healer can live through it so far without blowing virtually all of his CD's, significant mana, and his DPS peeling.

Have you actually played this? Or are you just reading forums that say "kill the hunter pet"?

said by Cows:

Arena's before were stupid when 3v3 games were 30min+ because healing was so good, they had to change something.

Balanced and long games don't correlate. I have no problem with short games. If a team focuses a healer and lets the Spriest and Warlock free cast it's their own fault for losing in the first three minutes of the game.

I will continue running Warrior/Huntard/Dk - but it's a complete joke of skilless spam. I felt better playing Beast Cleave back in the day.

Venom1

Augusta, GA
reply to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

nerfing self healing is a bad thing, I loved that feature of my Shadow Priest and my Enh Shaman can self heal rather well too. Makes for more exciting soloing of quest mobs in larger groups.

"Healing and shielding effects applied to players that have been involved in PvP combat are now reduced by 15%"

tl:dr, your dailies are not affected.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Venom1:

said by Kearnstd:

tl:dr, your dailies are not affected.

they might be. pvp combat happens a lot by accident while doing dailies.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Cows

reply to Snuffbox
What are your two partners doing while you are getting pelted by the hunter and warrior?
Also are you standing out in the open while the hunter a warrior beat you?

I have done this, have you? or have you been reading the wow forums too much?

Either way I think we will see at least a month before any nerfs come to let everyone gear up and see how things settle.

Venom1

Augusta, GA
reply to Immer
lol, too true, my ret paladin is proof of this two days ago, and i was not wearing my pvp crafted set.

please excuse my curtness in the reply to Kearnstd, I had my pvp hat on. what I meant was, the healing/shielding nerf will not affect players that are engaged in PvE content.

It will be interesting to see how long "have been involved in PvP combat" lasts. If it lasts 20 mins, it will be an issue if we get jumped say, as we port into a raid... If it lasts 5 minutes (based on PvP flag in starter zones) maybe we just wait it out.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Cows
said by Cows:

What are your two partners doing while you are getting pelted by the hunter and warrior?

As Rshaman/Mage/Spriest we've beat this comp against bad players by going extremely hard on the healer and purge/spellsteal spamming forcing the Warrior and Huntard to stop DPSing and peel.

This only works against bads.

said by Cows:

are you standing out in the open while the hunter a warrior beat you?

Your ignorance is showing. Please count the number of stuns/silences the warrior alone has, and how many trinkets I have. Then, remember above as we discussed that my teammates cannot Poly/Stun/Fear/Root the BM Huntard or Warrior.

You appear to be new to this. And or playing with a Hunter/Warrior?

Haha, you're the first person so relentlessly trying to justify these classes.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Snuffbox
And rogues just get laughed at when you try to mention doing arenas.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.