how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dsa

@bell.ca
reply to Tenar

Re: UPS charge on gift

Thank you , refusing the package would mean my relative lose the shipping that he paid with ups ?

USPS is charging 30 $ more but i guess they won't charge ?

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
said by bt:

Fun fact: Shippers can pre-pay the official customs fees (same as what you'd pay to self-clear), and it will show up with no further brokerage costs. I've heard of very few retailers that will do that, though.

Intel is the only company I've ever encountered that's done that.

said by dsa :

Thank you , refusing the package would mean my relative lose the shipping that he paid with ups ?

Yes, so that's the issue here... refuse the shipment and he ships again, and the total ends up being close to $60 anyhow, or accept the shipment for $60.

The only way you can win here is if he spent less than $20 in shipping, otherwise it's a waste of time and money. There's also the potential that you'll still have your item pass through customs the second time around anyhow...

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada
said by urbanriot:

said by bt:

Fun fact: Shippers can pre-pay the official customs fees (same as what you'd pay to self-clear), and it will show up with no further brokerage costs. I've heard of very few retailers that will do that, though.

Amazon does it also since i bought something from them and they added the custom fees... They even reimburse you if the charge is lower. At least they did it once for me after i bought something from them...

dht

@bell.ca
You could put it on your income tax in case you have no choice of paying the fee.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to urbanriot
I have a vendor in Cali that does it for me.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

TigerDirect, Newegg and Amazon all do the same thing when something ships out of the US.