join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to AdamB0

to AdamB0

Re: LED lightbulbs

Click for full size
said by AdamB0:

said by SparkChaser See Profile
The Philips has a better efficacy that the published data for the Switch. The LED seems to be slightly lower than the CFL. You do have to use some power to get light or you could just open the blinds.

Yes it is slightly lower, but when I am paying a couple bucks for the CFLs and $20-$30 on the LED it doesn't make a compelling reason to change them out yet. I might buy one of the L prize bulbs since they are a decent price on Amazon.

Those of us with subsidized LED bulbs could also help you out if you wanted. A Phillips 60w LED is $12.97 for me.

Edit: You might be able to order them here yourself. Worth a shot and they have the L Prize bulb for $25.00 which isn't bad.
»www.energyfederation.org ··· 249_5938

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by Draiman:

Those of us with subsidized LED bulbs could also help you out if you wanted. A Phillips 60w LED is $12.97 for me.

yes you could, I don't think we have a subsidy. We have to pay for the Smart meter fires .

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman
There's an idea you in the subsidized area could buy a bunch and resale them

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by DarkLogix:

I'd sell them to DSLR members at cost but it's not worth my time to resell them to others for profit.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Pretty sure it's going to be illegal or at the very least attract attention from the local gov't.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

Here, the poco limits the number of lamps / fixtures you can buy per year. More than enough for your average household. Not near enough to get in the "resale" business.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by nunya:

Here, the poco limits the number of lamps / fixtures you can buy per year. More than enough for your average household. Not near enough to get in the "resale" business.

They limit us to 10 per transaction but no limit on transactions. I could place 5 orders for 10 bulbs each at Home Depot online then go pick up 50 bulbs. I actually did 3 orders for 10 each or 30 bulbs last year. I picked up 15 bulbs for myself and 15 for a co-worker.