share rss forum feed

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to cowwoc

Re: Bell: We don't provide same service to Teksavvy customers

said by cowwoc:

Couldn't Bell add an additional upload channel from the box to my home?

No. You're running into physical limitations of the wiring.

cowwoc

join:2007-05-19
St John'S, NL
said by bt:

said by cowwoc:

I understand I'm running into the physical limitation of a single wire, but can't Bell bond multiple wires (say one meant for my neighbor which isn't using DSL) to promise me faster service?

Is DSL bonding really my only realistic option? My house is using one line for DSL and the other for phone/alarm system. Wouldn't the second DSL run into interference with existing services?

Is it possible for me to bond two DSL connections with differing speeds? Perhaps I could get a cheap/slow second connection and use it purely to augment my upload speed? The cheapest option I see is DSL 6/0.8 for $30 but I'm paying for the extra download speed and bandwidth I don't need. Is there a cheaper option?

Thanks,
Gili

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
said by cowwoc:

said by bt:

said by cowwoc:

I understand I'm running into the physical limitation of a single wire, but can't Bell bond multiple wires (say one meant for my neighbor which isn't using DSL) to promise me faster service?

Is DSL bonding really my only realistic option? My house is using one line for DSL and the other for phone/alarm system. Wouldn't the second DSL run into interference with existing services?

Is it possible for me to bond two DSL connections with differing speeds? Perhaps I could get a cheap/slow second connection and use it purely to augment my upload speed? The cheapest option I see is DSL 6/0.8 for $30 but I'm paying for the extra download speed and bandwidth I don't need. Is there a cheaper option?

Thanks,
Gili

There's nothing else can do... Unless your line has a physical issue... they won't do anything else.

Bonding is between you and your ISP, and usually it's better to have lines at the same speed.