share rss forum feed

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to Cisco Kid

Re: [Internet] Poll: Have your issues been resolved?

said by Cisco Kid :

Actually, my experience has been just the opposite. I have had issued solved using this Forum. However, having written that, I personally feel that the creation of the Direct Forum has taken the wind out of this open forum. I understand that there are times when your Post requires personal information...and placing that information in an open Forum would be inadvisable. The open Forum handled that security issue, you could send a private message. I enjoy reading what others have encountered and what was done to correct or satisfy them......and the Direct Forum has taken a lot of those Posts away from this Public Forum.

Cisco as you know I have helped thousands in both forums....it really hasn't taken the wind out of the public forums at all....we're still seeing a 50/50 split across both forums and then an additional boost in the direct from those who don't want to post in public. Forums participation has doubled or higher since direct was implemented overall but more importantly we have been able to solve more problems quicker than ever which is really what it's all about from my perspective. Honestly I would like to see the public forums be a place where our resident experts help and drive the momentum and I'm working on some things now to encourage that more than ever. Hopefully by mid December we can get that ball rolling...

Several of you have awesome skills and the willingness to share your experience with others. I can't think of a better environment than friends helping friends.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you

join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA
kudos:1
said by BHNtechXpert:

Forums participation has doubled or higher since direct was implemented overall but more importantly we have been able to solve more problems quicker than ever which is really what it's all about from my perspective. Honestly I would like to see the public forums be a place where our resident experts help and drive the momentum and I'm working on some things now to encourage that more than ever. Hopefully by mid December we can get that ball rolling...

This forum is great but in cases where you are offline, unless you have alternative internet access available, you're stuck with having to call tech support. Maybe along with this forum, you could implement a twitter account for "public" things and then maybe text messages for the private stuff.
--
...Who, What, When, Where, How... Why? Why Not?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
said by OmagicQ:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Forums participation has doubled or higher since direct was implemented overall but more importantly we have been able to solve more problems quicker than ever which is really what it's all about from my perspective. Honestly I would like to see the public forums be a place where our resident experts help and drive the momentum and I'm working on some things now to encourage that more than ever. Hopefully by mid December we can get that ball rolling...

This forum is great but in cases where you are offline, unless you have alternative internet access available, you're stuck with having to call tech support. Maybe along with this forum, you could implement a twitter account for "public" things and then maybe text messages for the private stuff.

Where ya been . We've had twitter support for some time now....
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~