Premium Member
join:2001-12-23
Windsor, CT

1 recommendation

orion940 to SueS

Premium Member

to SueS

Re: Is this forum

The best way to learn is go out and take pictures. Play with the aperture, shutter speed, maybe pick up a polaroid filter, see what effects it has.

O.

SueS
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO

1 edit

1 recommendation

SueS

Premium Member

said by orion940:

The best way to learn is go out and take pictures. Play with the aperture, shutter speed, maybe pick up a polaroid filter, see what effects it has.

O.

That is a good way to learn how to use a camera, if all you ever want to do is make snapshots. I have no problem with snapshots, I think they are fun, and I take plenty.

When I think about photography I think about making beautiful art, or documenting travels in a beautiful way, or wonderful photos of the athletes in our families, but you get the idea. Maybe run a business making photos for others. Then there is the whole processing thing that I haven’t came close to mastering. Throw in the dirty word composition, (the one thing that makes or breaks a photo in my opinion) many do not understand and have no desire to learn.

I used to come here and find threads about how to do, or fix something I did not even know I needed help with till I saw the thread. I would like to be able to look back in two or three years at my work and see that I have made improvements.

If all we want in this forum is a pat on the back for our photos whether they are good or bad, then we have quit learning. Is this what we want for this forum? I can go other places for help, but I like the cozy atmosphere around here.
Expand your moderator at work