share rss forum feed

Savious
Ill-advised
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4

[LoL] Need a mentor

Gonna start playing. Who wants to noob it up with me?

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02

lawl

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Savious

Most of us have low level accounts to help with the leveling. Make sure you join the channel "BBR" so we can find you.

But first check this out:

»League of Legends
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Savious
Ill-advised
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Antonica

Sweet. I played at a friends house a month ago or so and actually enjoyed it.

I downloaded it and couldn't figure out how to play though?

How much am I looking at to get started?
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

It's completely free*

Savious
Ill-advised
Premium
Belgrade, MT

*See terms and conditions for further details

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

said by Savious:

*Check the store twice a week

--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to Savious

The cost is...

Eight...

Thousand...

Dollars!

Savious
Ill-advised
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Good thing I made all that money off the D3 RMAH

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Savious

There's a couple of tutorials you can do to get a feel for how to play. You can also run bot matches (co-op vs AI). Since no one ever loses a bot match, you can noob it up and not bring down the team.

Or you can just dive into pvp. Other players will be very happy to tell you what you're doing wrong.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Remulis

join:2011-09-01
united state
reply to Savious

Welcome to LoL!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Savious

I can smurf with ya. Might take me a sec to remember smurf info.

Pubstomping is fun and we can talk you through the basics.

You need to know the following or Jobbie will be pissed.

Last Hit!
Don't Die/FEED (DIE ALOT)
Learn when you have to farm at tower (yes literally standing behind or next to the tower). This is going to seem really hard at first but it gets easier after about 300 games (I am slow).
Wards are not a waste of money. If it saves your life it was worth the gold. If you get a kill its worth the gold. Wards!

Everything else is going to be more role/champ specific and you can learn along the way, but the above absolutely needs to be learned asap.

Shoot for 100 CS in 20 min. 107 is perfect for 10 min. (Every creep in all waves up to that point). 100 cs in 20 min is about half.

My best so far is like 150 - 160 in 20 min with Ziggs and I was farming jungle creeps to.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

Since no one ever loses a bot match, you can noob it up and not bring down the team.

Ooooooh, how I wish that were true. Maybe on Beginner difficulty for the bots, but on Intermediate, you can lose. I have had games where one person afks and the other three are Down Syndrome advocates, leaving me to try to carry with a tank against five bots.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

The issue with bots is that about 5 games in you relize what makes them tick and you can bait them so hard. It works EVERYTIME.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!

said by f0rtys3ven:

The issue with bots is that about 5 games in you relize what makes them tick and you can bait them so hard. It works EVERYTIME.

I use bot games more as practice. Ranges for all skills/attacks, damage, attack speed, and positioning are all key to learning with any champ.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

True. Plus Annie bot is better than like 80% of Annie players.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Annie bot cheats

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

She runs that troll tele.

Gets ya every time. LOL.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
reply to f0rtys3ven

said by f0rtys3ven:

True. Plus Annie bot is better than like 80% of Annie players.

Reaction/input time of a bot is faster than any human and Annie is one of those where you spam all her skills at once to kill someone. Ryze bot also comes close to Annie's prowess.

By the way, ***k Karthus bot and his pinpoint knowledge on how much hp a champ has left in order to use his ult.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Keep pots on hand.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Jobbie

said by Jobbie:

Annie bot cheats

All of the bots cheat. They use their abilities with no cooldowns and teleport all over the map. But they play entirely defensive and always lose unless you completely fall apart and let them cruise down mid.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Savious
Ill-advised
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Savious

Got a game in vs bots last night. Seems that at my current level, 1, that's the only queue that would fire, the 5v5 match me draft pick sat there for 5+ minutes before I gave up.

Some kid spent the entire game pinging the map. Whyyyyy!!

I got 16 champions now, played with the Rogue Mage guy, uhhh, don't remember his name. Are the free champions worse than the purchased ones?

Im going to keep playing the rogue mage guy. Any tips?
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!

said by Savious:

Got a game in vs bots last night. Seems that at my current level, 1, that's the only queue that would fire, the 5v5 match me draft pick sat there for 5+ minutes before I gave up.

Some kid spent the entire game pinging the map. Whyyyyy!!

I got 16 champions now, played with the Rogue Mage guy, uhhh, don't remember his name. Are the free champions worse than the purchased ones?

Im going to keep playing the rogue mage guy. Any tips?

Ryze? He is all about pew-pewing with his 'Q' ball of death. His passive allows him to build tanky items that give mana, whilst still allowing him to waylay on someone with his spells.

Priority Order for Spells: R > Q > E > W

What that means is that when you level up, if you can put a point in R, do so. If not, move on to the next skill, repeat on down until your champ is level 18 and no longer levels up.

As for the free champions versus purchases ones, Riot rotates weekly what champions are free. This facilitates people trying new champions, in order to decide if they would like to buy the champs or not. Ryze is a great middle lane champion, as the current favorite team composition is to have a tanky/bruiser Attack Damage (AD) champion in the top lane, an Ability Power (AP) champion in the middle lane, a ranged AD (also known an AD carry or ADC) champion duo-ing with a support champion (generally has some sort of healing and/or crowd control abilities), and a jungler (generally more tanky/bruiser champs that are either AD or AP).
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Savious

You need not buy champs right now. Just familiarize yourself with the 10 free ones in the weekly rotation.

Also do _NOT_ (REPEAT: DO NOT) waste Influence Points (IP) on Runes until you are level >20--the reason being there are three tiers of runes and you can't unlock the third tier until after level 20. Tier 1 and 2 are useless at level 30, so don't buy them.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Savious
Ill-advised
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Savious

Ok. Yea it is Ryze. Is there any benefit to continually playing the same champion aside from familiarization?
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

There is benefit yes, but you are about to through a phase of LoL that won't make much sense after. Knowing what alot of champs do helps alot with dealing with them on a single champ later. You won't have a jungler most games and you may have to play a side lane some games. There won't be much coordination and dragon and baron will cease to exist. This phase is all about learning char control and familiarizing your self with game particulars.

Playing lots of champs makes sense but playing one means you have already experienced a very large number of scenarios with many different champ while playing that single one so you will be able to handle that champ well but if someone else picks that champ or they want you to play a different role you become very one sided.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Savious

It could take dozens or over a hundred games at level 30 to master a champion.

Playing all them at least lets you know what spells they are capable of so you know whether or not engaging a champ could lead to your death (how hard their spells/ultimates hit, if they have any hard stuns or slows, etc.).
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Savious
Ill-advised
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Dat meta game!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

whats your name ?

Savious
Ill-advised
Premium
Belgrade, MT

I joined the bbr Chan last night and no one would talk to me! Its R1OT Savious
--