share rss forum feed

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to Thinkdiff

Re: Fair warning! 3rd party purchase of U-verse IPDSLAM modem

If you have the new cert, yes. But that's the problem... you'd have to "hack" one that works to get it's cert to fix the one that doesn't. And if you have one that works, you don't need to do any of this.

(BTW, there are ways to get the serial console / telnet access enabled on the NVG. Retreiving the cert, is another matter.)

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
said by cramer:

If you have the new cert, yes. But that's the problem... you'd have to "hack" one that works to get it's cert to fix the one that doesn't. And if you have one that works, you don't need to do any of this.

(BTW, there are ways to get the serial console / telnet access enabled on the NVG. Retreiving the cert, is another matter.)

Exactly

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to cramer
Click for full size
Success
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:10
Any details on how said success has been attained?

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
Bronx, NY
I'll throw together a quick tutorial when I have some time over the next few days. To summarize: copy AT&T/Moto root CA certs from NVG510, activate telnet on the 2210, install new certs, reboot.

It's actually a good thing AT&T sent me a NVG510. It's much easier to get the CA certs from it compared to the 2210.
--

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:10
Has your 2210, now that it has connected, tried to download the new firmware yet?

The process seems fairly straight forward -- well done =)

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
Bronx, NY
said by ILpt4U:

Has your 2210, now that it has connected, tried to download the new firmware yet?

The process seems fairly straight forward -- well done =)

I finally let the modem stay online for more than a few seconds tonight (I pulled the plug the other day after seeing authentication pass so it wouldn't update). It connected to the ATT CWMP server, received a config file (I think), then it downloaded the firmware file. All this occurred within 30 seconds of the modem being online.

About a minute later, it flashed the firmware file and automatically rebooted into 7.8.7r27.
--