Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

CNN/HLN Online

When I try to view CNN/HLN live TV online, I select Verizon as my provider and then login using my Verizon.com information (that works for HBOGo, etc.) fails, or enter it from the MyVerizon.com site. One computer, this works fine and the lock on the CNN live tv choice screen changes from red to green and I can see live content. However, on another computer, I select Verizon and login (or get there from the MyVerizon.com page), but I then get prompted to select the provider again and login. I know my user name and password are correct because the login creates a cookie that I can then bring up myverizon.com successfully without having to re-enter user name and password. Any thoughts? I've cleared all cookies.

thetick

join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

As with any issue which works on some computers not others.. please state the version of OS, browser, and flash. Most likely it's the browser type/version and/or flash version.

BTW worked fine with my Windows 7 (64-bit)/ Chrome 22.0.1229.94 (32-bit)/ Flash 11.4.31.110 (32-bit Pepper)

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to PJL

Sounds like a cookie issue. Try to flush all cookies/cache from your browser.

PJL

Long Beach, CA

The configuration I'm running IE 10 when this does not work is Windows 8 build 8400. It works with IE 10 with Windows 8 build 9200 and Windows 7 IE 9.

I have been using the build 8400 and 9200 installations as test beds, and the 8400 has been through a lot of things. I may have broken CNN video at one point when I "logged off" of it while it was still playing. (There was an option to logoff that popped up.) I have cleared all caches including cookies, reset IE settings, and reset flash settings to default but it still doesn't work. I guess it doesn't matter much since this installation will go away when Windows 8 is released this week.

But thanks for the responses -- I just thought someone had seen this and perhaps has an answer.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
reply to PJL

I just downloaded and installed Win 8 (had been using Win 8 pre-release) and I'm no longer having the issue with CNN live TV. Thanks again to thetick and Greg2600 for their interest.