Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to crazediamond

Re: leaked trailer for Evil Dead remake (looks good!)

Sorry it's still a remake a reboot whatever you want to call it. Sure you might get someone good enough to carry on the mantel. But to me Bruce Campbell will always be The Ash.

Big Budgets are fine and dandy but they don't always equate a great movie. Cough* Water World * Cough. And considering what the first three movies did on their budgets, they will IMO always be better.

It's fine and dandy to use all the latest "advanced technology" that is available today that wasn't back then. But it's funny how my imagination painted over the visual shortcomings and occasional flaws. I don't know maybe that comes from having read Science fiction and Fantasy Books as a kid. Guess that means I'm Old.
--
"Sir SIR! We don't use DHCP servers. We only use IBM & Microsoft servers." From there my call to tech support went steadily downhill.

--Turn the lights down in your soul cut the power to your heart see the carcass in its dying rages.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
said by Varlik:

It's fine and dandy to use all the latest "advanced technology" that is available today that wasn't back then. But it's funny how my imagination painted over the visual shortcomings and occasional flaws. I don't know maybe that comes from having read Science fiction and Fantasy Books as a kid. Guess that means I'm Old.

I hear what you’re saying. However,….

I don’t know that liberal use of CGI is always appropriate for these types of movies. I guess it depends on how it is used. On a smaller scale sure but on a broader scale I don’t think that a CGI based adversary (monster, zombie, demon and so on) is very intimidating. At least not yet anyway,…