All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99 to mogamer

to mogamer

Re: I hate AT&T like everyone else but....

att is business, about making money, not seeing their competitors stronger, how that makes them full of bs?

now if you said, because they eliminated $10 1000 text plan due to lack of competition then I agree.

myosh
join:2001-05-03
Cupertino, CA

1 recommendation

myosh

said by chgo_man99:

att is business, about making money, not seeing their competitors stronger, how that makes them full of bs?

now if you said, because they eliminated $10 1000 text plan due to lack of competition then I agree.

But what mogamer said is true. AT&T wanted to eliminate a competitor in the U.S. market in buying T-Mobile. SoftBank does not operate in the U.S. so it's investment doesn't eliminate a competitor but instead is strengthening Sprint. While I understand why AT&T doesn't like it, as consumers we should be loving this deal.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

true, but it still does not make att BS because it sought to eliminate competitor. Thats what business is about. Though of course, the deal att sought was unfair for us as customers.
rblizz
join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX

rblizz to chgo_man99

to chgo_man99
said by chgo_man99:

Oh, they're free to whine, but there's no law against a competitor getting stronger -- and they know it. There are, however, anti-trust laws that keep one competitor from eliminating a viable competitor.

AT&T's attempt at FUD here will most likely be unsuccessful as it is obviously transparent and self-serving.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to chgo_man99

to chgo_man99
True. ATT has been BS a long time.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer to chgo_man99

to chgo_man99
said by chgo_man99:

Their press release was full of bs.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

1 recommendation

rradina to rblizz

to rblizz
It shouldn't be successful but don't underestimate the ability of ATT's lobby machine to turn SoftBank into Huawei. Although Americans probably trust Japan more than China, it wasn't that long ago that Japan was where China is today. Unlike the mostly dead generation of folks who still have emotions regarding Pearl Harbor, there are lots of still-living and voting constituents that lost jobs to the Japanese complete takeover of the electronics industry and decimation of the auto industry. It might not take much to raise the temperature of those smoldering embers. It may not matter since this will likely play out after the election. Regardless of what happens, few will remember in two years.
betam4x
join:2002-10-12
Nashville, TN

betam4x to myosh

to myosh
Yep, and if Sprint plays their cards right, they could become a formidable competitor. Can you imagine if Sprint actually had the capital to build out their network and compete properly? Right now everyone I talk to hates Sprint due to their lousy coverage. Sprint could easily fix that.

SrsBsns
join:2001-08-30
Oklahoma City, OK

SrsBsns to chgo_man99

to chgo_man99
said by chgo_man99:

The problem with AT&T is they don't want to be the best wireless company. They want to be the only wireless company.
Expand your moderator at work