Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

boogi man

join:2001-11-13
Jacksonville, FL
kudos:1

2002 Honda Odyssey drivers window

okay so workign on a buddies odyssey and the drivers window will not operate. dealer says they want to replace passenger regulator to fix... now from everything i've found on various honda sights and a few other places it seems that the control switch unit is bad or the multiplexor is bad.

potentially water in switch but it has been an ongoing issue so if that's the case the switch is likely non-recoverable.

anything at all is repairable with the right tools knowledge experience etc. i don't like to just throw parts at things either. i'm not well versed with hondas in gen and less so with the van. have dvom picks gen hand tools etc. but haven't lain hands on it myself yet.

anybody deal with this issue before? thoughts? advice?
--
my site

boogi man

Jacksonville, FL

55 views and no thoughts?

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to boogi man

You can look into a recall Honda recently instituted. I'm not sure if the Odyssey is included.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

Chinabound
Premium
join:2002-12-21
Antioch, IL
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to boogi man

One simple way to tell if the switch is bad, is to turn on the dome lights with the engine off and engage the switch. If the lights dim slightly, it's likely fine.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2

Or, if it doesn't, it may also mean a broken wire at the door joint area as well.

Options: switch, wire, motor.
--
I'm not anti-social, I just don't like stupid people.

boogi man

Jacksonville, FL
reply to boogi man

excellent tips thank you. i wound up not going over last weekend hoping to get to it this weekend instead
--
my site

boogi man

Jacksonville, FL
reply to boogi man

Ok so got to the van yesterday. Switch and multiplexor both new. Motor is new. Bypassed all motor runs fine. Can hear/feel relays making the circuit but nothing happens. Only get about 2mV out when the switch is thrown. Circuit has been 'rung' out all appears to be clear. Any additional thoughts?
--
my site

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2
reply to boogi man

Are there Body DTCs?
(not all scanners will show these)

Can you post a wiring diagram?

What do you mean by 'circuit has been rung out'?
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

boogi man

Jacksonville, FL

rung out means i took my dvom to the various pieces of the circuit and the circuit from the multiplexer and it has continuity(dvom emits a tone) throughout. all related fuses are good and there is power to the switch and the multiplexer.

i had a link to a diagram but lost it.

unsure on DTC will see if i can get dads scan tool(he's ASE Master) think it will be able to pull body codes, then again mebe not.
--
my site

boogi man

Jacksonville, FL
reply to boogi man

turned out to be a short in the dash. friend went ahead and took it in to dealer.
--
my site