All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6 to kenmanblue

to kenmanblue

Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog)

said by kenmanblue:

I have to report that the comment made that DVR control, anyroom DVR, Guide 2.0 are available anywhere in Florida where S/A new cable boxes are in use is NOT TRUE. I live in Boynton Beach FL, and have one RNG 200n, and two RNG 150n cable boxes. While heavily advertised, none of those services is available, even though it says they are when I key in my account online. I placed several calls and spent a couple hours on the phone with several CSRs. They escalated the call and did 10 days of research. They then called me back to say they're sorry but implementation in our area is delayed. No date was given as to when it will be available.

Have you posted this in Comcast's Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Video Product Development - Navigation, in Media & Entertainment, "New Guide for Scientific Atlanta Cable Boxes" blog and if so what was his response?

His blog is at:

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05 ··· xes.html

Maybe, he can explain what is going on.
kenmanblue
join:2012-10-18

kenmanblue

Thanks Russ. I've just now posted there, and hopefully will get an explanation soon.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

1 edit

Russ6

said by kenmanblue:

Thanks Russ. I've just now posted there, and hopefully will get an explanation soon.

The following posts are from Comcast's Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Video Product Development - Navigation, in Media & Entertainment, "New Guide for Scientific Atlanta Cable Boxes" blog and states that On-Screen Guide 2.0 with AnyRoom DVR functionality is available in Boynton Beach, Florida.
NOTE: Ted changed his answer. The last quote (in bold) is his new answer. On-Screen Guide 2.0 with AnyRoom DVR is NOT available in Boynton Beach, Florida.
quote:
Hi Ted,

I live in Boynton Beach, Florida, an area that is supposed to have all these great features, such as anyroom DVR, caller ID ON TV, control of DVR recordings from an iPhone or iPad and others. In fact, if I go,to Comcast online, it encourages me to order upgrades like Anyroom DVR, which it says is available. And yet, it is not. I have placed many calls to Comcast, and agreed to do the upgrade. The CSR was unable to understand why these features did not work. They escalated the issue, gave me a ticket number, and called me back 10 days later to tell me they have delayed the upgrade in my area. No one seems to know when it will actually take place, or what the problem is. Can you help figure this out? I don't know if its just my specific community or a larger area. I'm certainly not in any kind of remote area, nor a new subdivision. I'd appreciate anything you can do to help.

Kenneth Reisman | October 22, 2012 7:47 PM

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05 ··· nt-64304
quote:
Hello Mr. Reisman, thanks for reaching out.

In your area of FL, On-Screen Guide 2.0 is definitely available today when you have a subscription to AnyRoom DVR. We would need to professionally install new cable boxes in all cases.

On-Screen Guide 2.0 includes DVR Manager, Caller ID to the TV and many other new features. More info here: »www.xfinity.com/onscreenguide2

Apologies for the incorrect information you received. I've asked that someone from the local Comcast Florida team give you a call to go over the details with you.

Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Kenneth Reisman | October 23, 2012 4:27 PM

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05 ··· nt-64458
quote:
Hello Mr. Reisman, thanks for reaching out.

Apologies for the conflicting information you received. I've asked that someone from the local Comcast Florida team give you a call to go over the situation with you.

It sounds as though your area is one last small area where this new guide is not yet available. I should have some more information soon as to when your area is targeted. It should be very soon.

Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Kenneth Reisman | October 23, 2012 4:27 PM

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05 ··· entific-

atlanta-cable-boxes.html#comment-64458